Tabac soap group buy

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
ARenaissanceMan

Tabac soap group buy

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

I thought we might be able to organize a group buy of the tabac soap for the people who aren't going to be getting brushes from Shavemac. Anyone interested in this?
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Clark, I think Joel is working on something regarding Tabac soap. If you will reread his review on this shave soap he did ask that we hold off ordering Tabac soap.
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

Im in!
karim0028

Post by karim0028 »

im in as well

-Hytham
-"Life without emotion is no more than death in disguise"
karim0028
SurfFisherman
Bargain Detector

Post by SurfFisherman »

I'm definitely interested!
Chris G
New York City
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I'm ordering a couple of tubs of Tabac on friday....I'll let you guys know if I have any problems with the shipping...
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
Barry

Post by Barry »

I'm in as well.
Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

Out of the loop -- what is this about?
I guess if I knew the details I might be interested.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Just curious...I don't plan on joining, but how would a "group buy" work? isn't it just easier for everyone to order individually?
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
ARenaissanceMan

One or two people would pay for the extra bowls with their SMF brush orders. They would then ship them out to everyone who paid for them. Shipping one item from Germany is prohibitively expensive so it would be much cheaper in the US. This of course would require a generous soul to package this stuff and ship it out.

Or maybe, if Joel can swing it, Bernd could give discounted shipping to us SMF members. That would be easier but is less likely.
Barry

Post by Barry »

clarkkent333 wrote:One or two people would pay for the extra bowls with their SMF brush orders. They would then ship them out to everyone who paid for them. Shipping one item from Germany is prohibitively expensive so it would be much cheaper in the US. This of course would require a generous soul to package this stuff and ship it out. .
I might be able to help with this. I am graduate student and my contract (job) just ended last week. I'm looking for work but right now things are slow. Anyways, I'm not sure how it would work out but I probably have the time to do something like this provided that there is not a *huge* number of gents interested in purchasing the soap. I live in the city (Washington, DC) and I'm down the street from the post office.

Keep me posted.

Barry
ARenaissanceMan

Are you buying one of the SMF brushes Barry? Because any one of us could pick up a bunch of soaps and have them shipped over. The point was that the brush buyers were paying shipping anyways so the addition of a few soaps shouldn't increase their cost exponentially.
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Gentlemen

I am new to this board and this is my first post. I started wetshaving about a month ago, and have been reading incessantly your informative pieces, especially from Gordon, Joel and others.

My first move was to speak to Charles at QED and he really is an unbelievable gentleman. He talked me out of buying a more expensive razor and guided me well on all aspects of wetshaving, and for that i will always be thankful. I'm using a Merkur DE long handle, Taylor's rose, Proraso red, Da Vinci Water, QED Soaps, Trumper's samples and more, and with my Savil Row brush have been looking forward to my morning shaves. More about all that at another time together with many comments and questions for you all.

I am intrigued by the Tabac soap and would be quite interested in a group order, though i wish i could experience the scent before commiting as i prefer more understated scents.

I find that the Pacific Shave Oil has helped in reducing drag and irritation in my shaves, though i still get some smallish red bumps from time to time. It's possibly as an allergic reaction to something, though i'm not sure what.

I particularly like Taylor's creams ans they are so lush and effective yet cost substantially less than Trumper's or D R Harris, which i have yet to try. QED lime soap and the Lavender have given me excellent shaves, though for now i think i'm fonder of the creams as i get a richer lather. Tested Kiss My Face lavender today; found the lather to be very creamy and slippery and at that price it's well worth trying.

Thank you all so much for helping me with your insightful and informative comments.

Regards,

Mahesh
Barry

Post by Barry »

clarkkent333 wrote:Are you buying one of the SMF brushes Barry? Because any one of us could pick up a bunch of soaps and have them shipped over. The point was that the brush buyers were paying shipping anyways so the addition of a few soaps shouldn't increase their cost exponentially.
Sorry, totally misunderstood.

-Barry