Stocking up on Palmolive

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Carrington

Stocking up on Palmolive

Post by Carrington »

Preparing for doomsday I bought out the red Palmolive at CVS. I'm hoping three tubes can last me the rest of my life. haha
Rob

Post by Rob »

Heh! Well, if you have a bunch of other creams/soaps to use too, then you can stretch out the Palmolive for quite a long time. Who knows, Palmolive might become gold with it being so rare in a few years!
Lil' Shaver

Post by Lil' Shaver »

Ive also been buying out our local drugstore of red palmolive. Every week or so, I go in and buy one or two tubes. There's always three tubes on the shelf whenever I go in...kinda odd....I think Im playing a game with those shop girls. Ive got several tubes now. It's a bargain here, at $1.88 per tube.

That Palmolive red tube, is a very good cream. My best results with it involve a good soap up with glycerin soap, then an almond size dollip of palmolive in a black bowl. In nothing flat, Ive got great lather. About 50 swirls and Im ready to shave.

Oh yeah, I do add some drops of lavender EO (essence of oil) and I kinda like that smell compared to the straight palmolive smell.

dwight
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

Lil' Shaver wrote:Ive also been buying out our local drugstore of red palmolive. Every week or so, I go in and buy one or two tubes. There's always three tubes on the shelf whenever I go in...kinda odd....I think Im playing a game with those shop girls. Ive got several tubes now. It's a bargain here, at $1.88 per tube.
That is odd I went to about five CVS stores looking for some ASB that Rob recommends, and ended up with only two tubes each of the red and green (they had more green, but I wasn't sure how I would like it) for $.75 each. My closest CVS has not had red since I bought the last tube three weeks ago.

I think I will get the rest of the greens since I have tried it and kinda like it for a brushless cream. (I gave the other to a noobie.)

--
Jeremy
><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º> .
· `·. . , . .· `·.. ><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º>
Rob

Post by Rob »

Sorry you can't find the Lumene, Jeremy. :( I'd send you mine, but then I wouldn't have any for myself. My CVS is out of Lumene and Palmolive.