MIXING PACIFIC SHAVE OIL WITH SHAVE CREAM

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
InjuryLaw

MIXING PACIFIC SHAVE OIL WITH SHAVE CREAM

Post by InjuryLaw »

I've never had good luck with oils - either pre-shave or shaving oil. I was similarly disappointed when I recently bought a bottle of Pacific Shave Oil, which several member have been raving about. Basically, the stuff just seemed to absorb into my skin and really didn't add much lubrication, even after adding more hot water as directed.

Anyway, I decided to break out the PSO and try adding it to the shave cream I was using. So I added about 8 drops of the PSO to 3/4" of Proraso "Red" Wheatgerm, and then lathered them up together in a bowl. Although I will need more time to form a solid opinion, my first impression is that the oil may have improved the shave a good deal.

Anybody else have any thoughts or comments on this?
PoshRichM

Post by PoshRichM »

I do this as part of my daily shaving routine. I couldn't agree more. At least for me, adding PSO to my cream lather (usually Trumper's or T&H) is both nondamaging to the lather and quite beneficial to the lubrication of the shave and the lather's water retention (resistance to drying in the lather bowl).

-Rich