Need a recommendation for brushless cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

timc wrote:
jrgroucho wrote:Nancy Boy goes both ways equally well :wink:
:lol:
Thanks Tim

I rarely expect gents to get my subtle jokes, but I thought this one was lost to the ages. :lol:

As an aside I have absolutely loved every Nancy Boy I have tried.

--
Jeremy
><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º> .
· `·. . , . .· `·.. ><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º>
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

Jeff, I prefer to travel as light as possible. Along that line, I just take a Scotto size sample container of a cream I can use brushless. My preference in Cremo or Musgo. Although I maintain, much to a certain respected member's horror, that Coates works quite well brushless.

If you lack Musgo and would like to try it, I'd be happy to send you a sample, if you would pm your address. I might be able to send a sample of Ceamo too. I'd have to check. My dear love absconded with it (ok, so I offered it, actually), and I'm not sure if any is left.

-Mo
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
jmhUT

Post by jmhUT »

Thanks Mo, check your PM.
Cheers,
Jeff
SteveL

Post by SteveL »

jrgroucho wrote:
timc wrote:
jrgroucho wrote:Nancy Boy goes both ways equally well :wink:
:lol:
Thanks Tim

I rarely expect gents to get my subtle jokes, but I thought this one was lost to the ages. :lol:

As an aside I have absolutely loved every Nancy Boy I have tried.
OMG that is even funnier than the first comment! :lol:
-Steve
leland

Post by leland »

I'm a fan of the aveeno oatmeal stuff when I don't want to play with a brush.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Jeff,
Ignore these jesters, they are missing the point. You don't need a brushless cream, you need a travel brush!
Having said that, KMF works very nicely with said travel brush. So does anything else in a tube that will fit in your washbag.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
giraffejumper

Post by giraffejumper »

If you are really hard up on a trip - Dove soap!

Otherwise, my favorites are:
- Cremo Creme. Great! Gets really watered down with a brush though.
- Kissmyface. My favorite with or without a brush.
- Nancy Boy. I would rather use it with a brush though.
- I have actually shaved with just a glycerin face bar on a trip! Worked great!

But no matter what, I will NEVER EVER use that gel in a can crap again!
-philKnowledge! Pass it on!!!
Even more knowledge! Keep it alive!
Cigar Dan

Post by Cigar Dan »

Another recommendation for Nancy Boy. It works great with or without a brush. I always take the little travel jar of it whenever I'm on the road.
Danny
chiliguy

Brushless Shaving Cream for Travel

Post by chiliguy »

I've been using the Men-U Shaving Cream when I travel. It has a nice lather and prevents razor burn. It is small enough to fit into one of the ziplock bags for your carry-on, but ultra concentrated. The cap locks as well, preventing a mess.

Here is a link to the Shave Cream:

http://www.osrow.com/store/index.php?ca ... ductID=199
Dead Ed

Post by Dead Ed »

Hmmm, I've used some products in the "king of Shaves" range. They smell funny, have a list of ingredients longer than your arm and feel very strange when smeared on the face. However, they do work rather well.
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Here are a few I like:

1. QED's Quick Shave
2. Every Man Jack available at Target (both the shave cream and shave gel are great)
3. Nancy Boy Cream (works great with or w/o a brush)

Chris
ringo448

Post by ringo448 »

I have no complaints about Jack Black's Beard Lube. It's not really a cream, but it works great when you're in a hurry.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

I recently tried Shiseido Shaving Cream. It's brushless and doesn't really lather much but the shave was great and it has a minty smell to it. Refreshing.
Last edited by Aztecface on Wed May 09, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Evening. I'm with Danl, I just don't do brushless shaves. In the interests of thoroughness, I have used Cremo Cream and a number of others, but I'd just prefer not to go there. While I got a pretty okay shave. per se, with Cremo, well, I can get an okay shave with canned Barbasol also. It's more messy, and much less satisfying, and I've never found that it saves me enough time to be of any consequence. I've used Harris's shave sticks for travel, and that is one good option. Normally, I just take one of those small tubes of Coate's cream, which I lather in the cereal bowls often provided by the hotel, and if there are none, I lather in my palm. I can do the whole deal pretty quickly if I have to.
Regards,
Gordon
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

I, too, prefer to use a brush lather up. But I understand that many creams also can be used without a brush. I've used AOS unscented as a brushless cream a few times while traveling and been pretty happy with it. I prefer it to KMF and the Edge tubes.
-Ed
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Try Dr bronners. The first time I used Dr Bronners I had no weepers. Just rub it in well full strength, and reapply often. Other than that it is great.
Ed
jmhUT

Post by jmhUT »

Well, I've now tried Cremo, Nancy Boy, Proraso and KMF. They all worked fine but now as well as with a brush. I've got a real cute Rooney turnback now that is rapidly growing on me. It doesn't really save me any time but I am coming to the conclusion that nothing will without sacrificing quality. I'll give one of those shave sticks a try with a direct on-the-face lather, something I've been meaning to learn how to do for some time now. Thanks again for all the suggestions.
Cheers,
Jeff