Review: Caswell Massey Sandalwood Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Barry

Review: Caswell Massey Sandalwood Cream

Post by Barry »

Guys,

First, if anyone is good with digital photography and can tell me what the "line" is near the bottom of my photos I would appreciate it. This is a brand new digital camera (luckily I bought the store warranty, I think) and I am not sure what is wrong. That line just started appearing on all of my
photos. The camera is new as of Sunday.

I picked this up cream about two months ago or so. It's Caswell Massey's Sandalwood Cream. I find this soap to be a bit gloppy. It doesn't rinse off of the razor very well. Also, it takes a lot of work to whip into a good lather.

Despite all of the lathering issues it smells great.

The shave? It was okay. The lubrication is adequate - nothing stellar. It's too bad it doesn't perform as well as it smells.

Here are some photos:

50 swirls... :roll:

Many, many swirls and a sqeeze on the brush produced this lump o' lather (notice the obvious bubbles, this clearly isn't the thickest lather around...)

Barry
lint

Post by lint »

the line at the bottom is one of the photosensors dying.

take it back.

thanks for the review!

todd
Barry

Post by Barry »

lint wrote:the line at the bottom is one of the photosensors dying.

take it back.

thanks for the review!

todd
Thanks so much, Todd. I appreciate it!

Barry
SandyClaws

Post by SandyClaws »

I was by the Georgetown CM store this past weekend and picked up a tub of unscented (had the girl scent it with Bergamont) cream.

Tried using it Sunday morning and had a heck of a time getting a good lather up. Just as Barry stated....it was full of bubbles. Smelled great, however did not work very well.

Kris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Barry, You'll be pleased to know that you're in harmony with practically everyone who's tried it. Fine scents, poor lather, barely tolerable shave. It's a pity because up until some time in the early 1980s, the C-M shave creams were made in England, and were almost as good as Trumpers. Regards, Gordon