ed

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Post by guenron »

Chris wrote:
guenron wrote:
Chris wrote: Did you not like it? or did I snag the last bottle? :twisted:
It was set aside with my order and SOMEONE WHO WILL REMAIN UNNAMED (SWWRU) went and sold it to another SWWRU! :cry:
Well, if it's any consolation, I am enjoying it immensely ;)
:-k That does make me feel better.
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Barry

Post by Barry »

I ordered some of the Kananga water. I had a sample (that Joel sent to me in a trade) but I used it up. It's plesant enough.

I'm curious about the "Lucky Mister Money" cologne though.

Barry
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Barry wrote:I ordered some of the Kananga water. I had a sample (that Joel sent to me in a trade) but I used it up. It's plesant enough.

I'm curious about the "Lucky Mister Money" cologne though.

Barry
Lucky Mister Money is a very nice and light scent. As with most Crusella colognes it does not last very long. Well worth the money though.
water

Post by water »

Could someone describe the DaVinci water to me? I apologize if I am way off here, but is it a toner?

Also, anyone care to describe the quality of the Pine & Cedarwood shave stick? I may be placing an order with QED soon and am considering adding this item. It seems like a good choice as I am quite partial to "woody" scents.
guenron

Could someone describe the DaVinci water to me?

Post by guenron »

water wrote:Could someone describe the DaVinci water to me? I apologize if I am way off here, but is it a toner?

Also, anyone care to describe the quality of the Pine & Cedarwood shave stick? I may be placing an order with QED soon and am considering adding this item. It seems like a good choice as I am quite partial to "woody" scents.
Yes! It is a hydrosol of both rose and lavender. I use it as a toner after hot and cold rinses following my shave. Using an atomizer, I almost flood my face and neck with the spray and my sense of smell with the delight of roses and the hint of lavender. (Striking a Big Duke posture) So ya' think I like it pilgrim? Nah, I love it!!!! :D
Regards,
Ron

guenron

Post by guenron »

Uilleann Pipes wrote:Ron, your description of how you apply DaVinci water is identical to mine. I can't get enough of the stuff! My order from Qed should be here tomorrow. Yippee. Four shaving sticks, a huge bottle of DaVinci water, two Omega boar brushes for me and my wife. I can't wait to try them out. Warning! Shavegeek alert!

Regards, Todd
Spare me the details! I am already blushing... :oops:
Regards,
Ron

rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Todd,

Why the sudden interest in Omega brushes? For soap use, or just the cheapest way to have matching "his & hers"? My son gave me mine back last night and I used it this morning. Forgot what a decent brush it really is.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
guenron

Post by guenron »

rtaylor61 wrote:Todd,

Why the sudden interest in Omega brushes? For soap use, or just the cheapest way to have matching "his & hers"? My son gave me mine back last night and I used it this morning. Forgot what a decent brush it really is.

Randy
Nothing better than an Omega brush to whip yourself into a lather!!! ](*,)
Regards,
Ron

alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Evening
I'm pretty new to the DE experience and have sensitive skin, so i prefer denser and richer lathers. For me, creams have generally fit the bill better than soaps. However, this morning i applied the QED lavender shave stick as a base and then whipped a lather with the QED lime soap in a tub which i brushed on, and ended up with an excellent lather to rival my Taylor's avocado of the last two days. It was an exceptionally smooth shave which left my face pretty clean after just one pass, and the aroma of these essential oil based soaps are intoxicating. I may be a soap man after all.
Regards, Mahesh
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Mine did a great job this morning with the Classics Lime soap!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Todd,

Your experiences should be good. The Omega really shines with the different soaps, but with creams, I still prefer my Shavemac or Saville Row.

Randy
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

Kudos to QED for all the work put in. I didn't realize Charles now has over 20 sticks out. I think we have stumbled upon some great scents in shaving that are the first, and maybe last, to be offered. It's funny how the sticks became more popular than the soaps. Very fun to use.

Max
bbqncigars

Post by bbqncigars »

For us traveling guys, the sticks absolutely ROCK! I got asked at the last hotel what that 'incredibly nice deodorant stick' was. I just pray that Charles will have these scents in his own aftershave line sometime real soon.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." A. Brilliant