Coates Creams

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

din, To my knowledge, Coate's has never offered a vetiver scented cream. Their scents are rose, limes, lavender, almond, sandalwood, and tea tree. Coate's is supposedly 'repackaging', so I certainly hope that the product remains as it is, and that the packaging is traditional, and decent quality. I would not be amused it winds up looking like AOS packaging, or is flimsy like the Vulfix cream pots. There is, however, an even worse case scenario. At least one very knowlegeable retailer has told me that he doesn't believe that Coate's is going to reappear in the US at all. That would be most unfortunate, from my point of view. Regards, Gordon
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Din, the only vetiver shave cream that I am aware of is made by Salter. I have a tub and really like their woodsy scent. It is probably not for everyone.
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Austin,

According to Charles, Salter has discontinued their Vetiver. I am fortunate to have a tub, and yes, it has that nice woodsy, cedar scent to it.

I guess we're out of luck in the vetiver department for now. So don't use yours up in one shaving :).

Cheers,
Richard
Texas Land
din

Post by din »

thanks for the correction, austin.
that's what I get for being too lazy to
look it up. :0)
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

SeaD0nkey wrote:
Esoteric83 wrote:Here is an ebay store that has coates, trumpers and a number of other nice stuff:

http://stores.ebay.ca/JONNY-RAINBOWS_GE ... QpZ2QQtZkm

Thats where I got my rose from
I ordered from this store a few days ago. I'll let everyone know how the serivce is.

EDIT/UPDATE: My Trumpers Almond shave cream arrived to. Fast shipping. Not sure if its any cheaper then QED or others though.
Wow! I got my Coates Rose today and am impressed how fast it came from overseas...Under 5 business days and the shipping charge was still low...The only quicker shipping time comes from Menessentials....

Unfortunatly, I'm sick as a dog right now and can smell a thing...This is a real kick in the nuts because I also got a tub of Taylors Lavender yesterday!!! I can get hints of the rose and it smells very sweet and is still very rich & wet...
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

According to Charles, Salter has discontinued their Vetiver. I am fortunate to have a tub, and yes, it has that nice woodsy, cedar scent to it.

I guess we're out of luck in the vetiver department for now.
FYI - I believe TrafalgarShop in Canada still has stock of the Salter Vetiver
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.