Scent: Dumb Question...

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Scent: Dumb Question...

Post by Gramps »

Ok Guys, now that I am beginning to understand the creams and soaps and where to begin..... :shock:
Question: Does the fragrance of whatever soap or cream remain on the skin after the shave?? In other words, would a person have to purchase the corresponding a/s and cologne, so that fragrances don't mix? One would end up smelling... well.... strange! (insert whatever descriptive line you can think of :roll: ).

Thanks ... Larry
~~ Larry ~~
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Now, as my judge states she can smell my taylor's scents and especially my castle forbes cremes several hours after the fact!
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

For me I find that all shaving cream scents wash off almost completly once I rinse my face. Whatever scent that might linger is completely killed off by the application of my aftershave and/or cologne. If I don't apply any aftershave or cologne and just moisturize I still find that whatever scent might be left over is completely gone by the time I get to work (about 1.5 hours).

I therefore conclude that one can mix any shaving cream with any aftershave scent without fear of the two clashing.

Vince
:::Vince:::
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Cream/Fragrance

Post by qed-usa »

Right on, Vince!

Charles
Q E D
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

Ahhhhhhhhh... this is good news to me.
If I should try something that was TOOOOOO flowery, it is good to know it will wash off ...LOL :lol:

Thanks much!

- Larry
~~ Larry ~~