Momma bear soap came in

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brderj

Momma bear soap came in

Post by brderj »

3 of us ordered a bunch of of soap from Momma bear (who is a very nice lady by the way) They all smell great and lather very well. Any tips on how to make sure everything lathers well? My personal goal is to create cream of the likes on the bear-haven.com web link, :D 8)
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

Gen. Patton
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Glycerin soaps lather quickly with no specials tricks. It's one of the easiest soaps to lather.
brderj

Post by brderj »

The only thing I have noticed is that it takes a lot less water to get a good lather. In my "experiment" yesterday I had lots of bubbles. When I gather the energy I am going to give it a shot with the almighty Moss scuttle. :D
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

Gen. Patton
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

So which fragrances did you get? Any shaving sticks?
brderj

Post by brderj »

No shaving sticks, this one guy who wrote a book about shaving or something sent me some. :wink:

I got clear skies, green Irish tweed, and mysore sandalwood for Mike. I am not sure what the other guy got, but it was 3 different ones then what I have so it gives us all a nice sample of everything.

Oh your book came in today as well. Pages still sticky. :shock: I'm not one to judge, dont worry. :D

Its very nicely done Michael, thanks for all that info!

Gen. Patton
drumana

Post by drumana »

You fellas try the Mama Bear cream yet? If so, how is it? I'm on a cream kick as of late...
-Andrew-
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

I haven't tried Mama Bear's yet, but I was impressed with the lathering shaving cream from Em's Place.

Glad the book finally arrived, Jay. Enjoy!
sysiphus

Post by sysiphus »

The Mama Bear's soaps are AWESOME!
Got the Lime, Aged Spice, and the Bergamot in Tuesday.
All 3 exceed any expectations I may have had about glycerin soaps!

As far as lather building, I go with the brush a little drier than the one shown on her site, give it a few good swirls and transfer to the bowl. Slowly dribble water in while swirling and pumping the brush. Once ALL the bubbles are the same tiny size, slap it on your face. It goes on as velvety smooth as any cream. Wet the tips of your brush and run that over your face one more time. Slick, cushiony, and shaves beautifully. First true BBS ever!
Last edited by sysiphus on Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Post by Smedley »

drumana wrote:You fellas try the Mama Bear cream yet? If so, how is it? I'm on a cream kick as of late...
I've used the Attar of Roses cream. Very nice, a bit wetter than your average cream, but amazing scent and great lather and protection during the shave.
--
David

Jocular signature found elsewhere