Vulfix shave creams?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
cola

Vulfix shave creams?

Post by cola »

While browsing Em's Place today (thanks to the folks who have mentioned it here) I noticed Vulfix shave creams. I knew they made brushes, but had never heard of their creams (though they are billed as "New on the Market"). Has anybody here tried them yet? The price isn't bad, though with shipping charges I'll have to wait to wait until I'm ready to buy something else as well. Shouldn't take long, as Em's place has lots of creams I'd read about but didn't know where to order....
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Cola, I have tried both the sandalwood and lavender. My favorite is the sandalwood. I think they are quality products. Lather well and provide lubrication. The scents are a little synthetic but I like them. My next order will include a tub of sandalwood.
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

I've had a sample of lavender that I've yet to use...Just never got around to it with all the nice creams/gels in my rotation...I just never got excited about the scent....Kinda smells generic, not horrible but not out of this world....
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Post by jvan »

Cola, I have been very favorably impressed with both of the scents in the Vulfix line. I have eight different Taylor's, two Trumper's and the Vulfix creams and like the V's as well as any of them. I am becoming a big fan of their Sandalwood with each additional shave.

John
John V
"What one relishes, nourishes"

Benjamin Franklin
ARenaissanceMan

Re: Vulfix shave creams?

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

cola wrote:While browsing Em's Place today (thanks to the folks who have mentioned it here) I noticed Vulfix shave creams. I knew they made brushes, but had never heard of their creams (though they are billed as "New on the Market"). Has anybody here tried them yet? The price isn't bad, though with shipping charges I'll have to wait to wait until I'm ready to buy something else as well. Shouldn't take long, as Em's place has lots of creams I'd read about but didn't know where to order....
Meh, your not missing much. Give a try to Taylor's lavender if your looking for lavender. Or you could always get addicted to QED soaps like the rest of us.
cola

Post by cola »

Hmm, not really a very enthusiastic set of replies. I think I'll avoid buying until I can try a sample. Thanks, all!
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Joel, I think Vulfix cream is under appreciated. I find the shave cream to be on par with the three Ts.
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Post by guenron »

cola wrote:Hmm, not really a very enthusiastic set of replies. I think I'll avoid buying until I can try a sample. Thanks, all!
First I am not a cream user. BUT, I have three tubs,
1: Trumpers Sandlawood
2: Taylors Maroon Range
3: Vulfix Lavender
and 1 tube:
1: Crabtree and Evelyn Aromatic Sandalwood

I enjoy the Vulfix Lavendar very much. It is super lubricating and makes one hell of a meringue-like lather. But then again, what do I know. I only have 3 tubs and 1 tube.. (Well below par for the average cream user I am sure.)
Now if you want to talk hard soaps! Ahhhh... :D
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

ron: what soaps are your favorite? i love trumper soaps very much, and i bet the rose or limes would be awesome. ive got a couple of things id trade for a trumpers rose or limes if anyone is interested?

sam
guenron

Post by guenron »

drmoss_ca wrote:Ron,
The C&E sandalwood cream is expensive, but I love the scent and it makes very thick and creamy lather. It could become a favourite!

Chris
If I am still alive at ChrisMoss, perhaps I can smuggle one across the border and trade it for some alder-smoked Atlantic Salmon? Nothing quite as good as saumons fume!! :D
Regards,
Ron

Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

ron: my daughter is picky and really does not eat fish. but when she goes to her best friends house, she is eating mahi mahi and tuna and salmon.

sam
guenron

Post by guenron »

tngentleman1 wrote:ron: what soaps are your favorite? i love trumper soaps very much, and i bet the rose or limes would be awesome. ive got a couple of things id trade for a trumpers rose or limes if anyone is interested?

sam
Sam,
I hate to say this but the Trumpers Rose soap is exquisite. The fragrance is so real, so delicate, so much in a rose garden! Nothing tawdry, artificial, or overpowering.
Regards,
Ron

bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, I'm not sure of the relative prices in Canada, but here, the C&E Sandalwood cream is not as expensive as it first appears. I didn't notice this immendiately, but the C&E tube is 3.5oz, as oppossed to 2.7oz for most of the tubes of the classic brands. Ron, I don't know why you'd hate to admit you favor the Trumper's Rose Shave Soap, it's a great product, and the scent is awfully nice. Regards, Gordon