Proraso at Bath and Body Works?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
PACHUCO

Proraso at Bath and Body Works?

Post by PACHUCO »

Just got back from a thirty some mile trip to my nearest Bath and Body for C.O, Bigelow (aka. Proraso) and no luck. Apparently the one closest to my house doesn’t carry it, I’ll have to buy it online like everything else. What a waste of time and gas. Let this be a lesson; calls before going in search of shaving paraphernalia, save your self some heartache. :?

P.S. They only carry some Bigelow gel stuff, can anybody offer up a good wesite to purchase the stuff (Shipping included)? Thanks.
Last edited by PACHUCO on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zennmaster

Post by Zennmaster »

I recently had a similar experience. The sales droid at the door had no idea what I was talking about, and was sure all they had was the gel goo. She assured me that "Oh, yeah, we're discontinuing that stuff", and then went on to inform me that "Nobody uses brushes to shave anymore, you just rub the stuff on your face and go".

A couple days later, I went in looking for something else, and lo and behold, a whole shelf full of C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream. It wasn't with the rest of the shave stuff, and had obviously been there for a while.

So even calling might not help :evil: ...

As always, YMMV...
Michael Zenner
Portland, Oregon, USA
PACHUCO

Post by PACHUCO »

Yeah, I looked everywhere for the stuff in the store too, and nothing. I did not even see it on the Bath and Body works website, only on the C.O. Bigelow website.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

I had a similar experience at a Bath and Body Works here. I went in and asked a salesperson if they had the Bigelow stuff and of course, I get the "deer in the headlight" look and she said no. I then started looking around the store myself and lo and behold, guess what I find? That's right, the Proraso/Bigelow products. I went and found the salesperson and showed her where they were in her store. She wasn't amused at all.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Zennmaster

Post by Zennmaster »

Chaps wrote:I had a similar experience at a Bath and Body Works here. I went in and asked a salesperson if they had the Bigelow stuff and of course, I get the "deer in the headlight" look and she said no. I then started looking around the store myself and lo and behold, guess what I find? That's right, the Proraso/Bigelow products. I went and found the salesperson and showed her where they were in her store. She wasn't amused at all.

Danny
They really don't seem to have a sense of humor about that kind of thing, do they? :D

-Michael
Michael Zenner
Portland, Oregon, USA
Pete_T

Post by Pete_T »

I checked it out here, and got the same "this is our shaving cream" bit. I also got the deer in headlights look when I said that I wanted shaving cream for a brush. Amazing how that sales girl gets around the country so fast.

I didnt stay and look around though, its in the mall here and I wanted to get out of there as quickly as I could.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Zennmaster wrote:
Chaps wrote:I had a similar experience at a Bath and Body Works here. I went in and asked a salesperson if they had the Bigelow stuff and of course, I get the "deer in the headlight" look and she said no. I then started looking around the store myself and lo and behold, guess what I find? That's right, the Proraso/Bigelow products. I went and found the salesperson and showed her where they were in her store. She wasn't amused at all.

Danny
They really don't seem to have a sense of humor about that kind of thing, do they? :D

-Michael
Nope, they don't :D

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Proraso Man

Post by Proraso Man »

i avoid talking to anyone in retail stores when i shop- you have to be a informed consumer these days in order to not get ripped off.
Au Sables

Post by Au Sables »

I also ran into the same issue at my nearest Bath and Body Works earlier this week. They had a 2 for 1 sale on all C.O. Bigelow men's products this summer, and I bought 2 tubes thinking I'd make out like a bandit the next time they have a sale. No such luck. I'm pretty sure the product is off the shelf for good...not coincidentally, they simultaneously introduced several new fluff men's products with the C.O Bigelow brand name, clearly marketed to the younger guys. Well...there goes my only reason for walking into that frou frou beat down of a store.
Kazaam

Post by Kazaam »

Hm, i had a very different experience than all of you. The lady kindly led me to a little corner of the store and showed me the cream I was looking for, and they had plenty of it. I was like a deer in headlights in that store, haha.
DiscoBubba

AHAH!

Post by DiscoBubba »

Well I'm usually a lurker on forums but couldn't resist contributing this bit:

I just recently went to the same mall I bought my C&E Best Badger Brush to check out The Body Shop and Bath & Body works for some decent creams since I'm a newb. Anyways, long story short I found the Bigelow stuff but didn't see that they had the rebranded Proraso. So I asked the only male employee, which happened to be right next to me, specifically about rebranded Proraso. It took him a moment but then I could see it clicked and he knew exactly what I was talking about!

He told me that since it was like a "flagship product" that it was only found in certain Bath and Body Work stores. Usually the ones closer to or in big cities. The only one he knew of that had it in the area was at a mall about an hour drive for me and in an area I never really have need to travel to :? I'll be double checking another B&B Works in my area just in case but it seems if I really wanna try the Green stuff I'll have to order it, I just hate paying for shipping if I can avoid it.
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

Welcome DiscoBubba!

Same thing here in Tampa. I was recently at the International Mall (best shopping south of New York City, they claim) and the B&B store didn't have the Proraso cream on the shelf. When I asked, the gal said it had been discontinued.

Man, down to my last two pucks of the soap...I might have to shop on the Internet yet!

All the best,
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
Josey Wales

Post by Josey Wales »

Here in the Philly area, the BBW shops carry tons of it. nice thing about it is they always have some kind of sale... When they had the buy one thing for $10 o more get another free, I walked out with three tubes and a tube of the new hair/body wash (which is pretty great stuff. The red is awesome.)
HBK42581

Post by HBK42581 »

Old topic I know, but I went into my Bath and Body Works today on a whim and low and behold, there it was, and it says it right on the packaging, "Made Exclusively for C.O. Bigelow by Proraso." Looking forward to giving it a shot since I have the real stuff coming in the mail in a few days.
Scott "The Heart Break Kid"

AncientOne

Post by AncientOne »

Hi, guys.

I went to the Bath & Body Works in our Mall, and they had a whole half shelf full of C.O. Bigelow Premium Shaving Cream for $10. After I purchased one box, I got a $10 off coupon for any purchase, and went back and got another tube.

This morning I had the most wonderful shave! The eucalyptus cream was fabulous, and soothed my face wonderfully. My badger brush swirled it into a meringue like dream in seconds, and my Mach 3 slid across my face in wonder. It truly was a great shave. I think this will be my cream of choice for quite some time.

Best Regards,
James
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I just had the same experience with the C.O. Bigelow shave cream, wonderful shave and left my face feeling very smooth, all for $10 and even got that same $10 coupon for a return visit.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
rocketv8

Post by rocketv8 »

Yea, I was really disappointed when Target stopped carrying Proraso products. It was nice to be able to be able to walk in and pick it up while being able to shop for other items.

Proraso made a big difference in my shaves and it is priced well. Some people may not like it, but I like the coolness, and I get a good shave.
arcman

Post by arcman »

For posterity and for people having trouble locating it, here's what Proraso looks like in B&BW under the C.O. Bigelow repackaging.

Crag

Post by Crag »

IMHO, it's not worth the trouble or cost of finding it. It is just repackaged Proraso Green. I put them side by side in a dish and they looked, smelled and lathered the same.

Just my $.02/ Of Course YMMV :D
Matt

"The 'Path of least resistance' is what makes rivers and Men crooked."
--Ezra Taft Benson
HBK42581

Post by HBK42581 »

Crag wrote:It is just repackaged Proraso Green.
This is precisely the point. A lot of us don't have shops near us that carry Proraso or any other high end creams and more often than not we've got to order it online. Most malls, however, do have a Bath And Body Works shop in them. It's nice to be able to get a halfway decent cream within driving distance and not have to rely on the NET for everything we need.
Scott "The Heart Break Kid"