Palmolive Classic

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
EverSharp

Palmolive Classic

Post by EverSharp »

I picked up a tube of this cream on a recent trip to Europe. It's has a no frills scent but is great otherwise and a bargain at less than $3. The same goes for Williams which I also tried. Proraso is a bit better but at the price both creams are worth a try.
Last edited by EverSharp on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Yes, it is indeed a very good budget product. Unfortunately, I can't use the cream version as I react to something in it. I have used the shaving soap stick many times and for 50 pence (about a dollar), it gives a truly remarkable lather.
jlmwrite

Post by jlmwrite »

I was happy to find Palmolive Classic cream at Superlather.com in November. On opening the tube, the faint green color and scent took me back to the early '60s and my dad's morning shaving ritual.

After a great shave with the Palmolive -- nicely conditioned skin and nary a nick -- I smugly placed this $7 tube on my shelf with creams costing three and four times as much. I still use this in my regular rotation, and Mark will be getting another order from me soon.
"What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? H** no!" -- Animal House, 1978
Minstrel

Post by Minstrel »

It's the only readily available shaving cream in Sweden, so it's what I use daily, unless I feel like using my C&E Sandalwood soap. Those two are the only ones I have out.

/Nicholas
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I picked up a tube for £1.50 at Tesco in Bury, when visiting family in England this past summer. I really like it - for the money, it's pretty tough to beat, that's for sure. Wish we had it readily available here in Ottawa.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?