Fantasia Rasierseife

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Carl

Fantasia Rasierseife

Post by Carl »

I recently got hold of a german shaving soap I´ve never heard of before, namley a "Fantasia Rasierseife". The smell is very pleasant, but i can´t get a decent lather from it, it doesn´t matter wheter I´m usig my borr bristle brush or my pure badger. Any one out there who´ve had any sucess with this soap?
Rippy the razor says: "It´s down the block, not across the street. Might just as well do something right for once in your life".
Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

Carl,
Can you post a link to this soap??

Link to soap

Post by Carl »

I can´t find any links to this soap. The only thing i get when i google is a few links to posts in a german wetshaving forum. Unfortunatley my german is not what it should be.
Rippy the razor says: "It´s down the block, not across the street. Might just as well do something right for once in your life".
Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

Carl,
Maybe play around with it at a time when you will not be shaving.
Experiment with both brushes and water/soap mix. I'm sure if you do this you will find the right mix to make the soap come alive.
stuff495

Re: Fantasia Rasierseife

Post by stuff495 »

Carl wrote:I recently got hold of a german shaving soap I´ve never heard of before, namley a "Fantasia Rasierseife". The smell is very pleasant, but i can´t get a decent lather from it, it doesn´t matter wheter I´m usig my borr bristle brush or my pure badger. Any one out there who´ve had any sucess with this soap?
Hm, we'll I've run across soaps that just aren't any good before. Muehle - Pinsel soap for example.

Are you able to get a good lather out of other soaps using the same brushes and water? If so it sounds like the soap may be at fault.

FWIW I've never heard of Fantasia Rasierseife.

--Vincet
Carl

Fantasia soap

Post by Carl »

I get decent lather with both my taylors sandelwood soap and my tabac soap. The tabac soap gives exellent lather even with my boar brush. I`ll guess i´ll use this odd soap for handwashing.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

On the Nassrasur forum in German, Fantasia has been mentioned a couple of times but is not well-known. One guy said the lather was good, others found it quite thin. Everyone agreed about the nice clean soap smell. One person was quite sure it was simply Haslinger soap repackaged.
Spiegelei

Post by Spiegelei »

Hi Guys, this is my first post and I will take the chance to greet everyone. :lol:

@ Carl
Amazing, where did you got the Fantasia?
It is not that easy to get a piece of it here, although its a German product.

To get a decent lather from this soap is a real challenge. It is definitely possilbe, but you will have to work out (right amount of water/soap) in order to reach the goal. Dont waste time on it. Let me say that the Fantasia isnt known - I paraphrase it diplomaticly - as a high performance product.

Yes, the Tabac provides a great lather. Nice scent, good skin care, reasonable price. Mayby the best product of Mäurer & Wirtz.

@notthesharpest
I assure, that the Fantasia has absolutely nothing to do with Haslinger.

CU, Spiegelei
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Spiegelei:
Thanks for bringing us the correct information!
Carl

Fantasia

Post by Carl »

Spiegelei:

I bought it in a shop in sweden that´s specialized in electric razors. They don´t stock any old school wetshaving products anymore but they have a small and slowly shrinking supply of some DE-blades and other old school shaving products. The only shaving soap they had was the Fantasia. I think i bought the last one. I´m probably their only customer who´d ever ask for a shavingsoap these days.
English

Post by English »

Found the source for you.

http://www.muehle-pinsel.de/?rlang=en

Never used it myself, but I'm suprised that this German shaving brush manufacturer would put his name to a bad soap.

Normally I find German products to be world class. Happy shaving.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Gruss Gott Spiegelei! I shaved for quite a while with Tabac soap, and now I can't seem to find it anymore. I really enjoyed that stuff.

Jeff
stuff495

Post by stuff495 »

You can get Tabac from Shavemac (a German firm)

I think Charles Roberts still has some at his store in Austin. If you call or email him he will probably mail you some. His store's website is enchanteonline.com

Some forum members might trade you some Tabac.

Unfortunately it's very hard to get right now. I'm not sure why.

--Vincent
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

I recently got a can of Fantasia from a guy in Sweden. I had no problems getting a decent lather.Nice ,but mild,scent.Quite a hard disc,so I started with a slightly damp brush,then very gradually added water to achieve a nice lather.
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

Welcome to Shave My Face Spiegelei!
Cheers,

Craig
brothers

Post by brothers »

It appears that Speigelei hasn't posted here in over 7 years, since he participated in this thread. It' is nice to know Ron (Malocchio) has found a cake of this soap.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

D'oh! I didn't even notice the age of those posts. That's what happens when you reach your upper 40's and need trifocals.
Cheers,

Craig
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tell me about it! :lol: Let me tell you - responding to old threads can be fraught with unforeseen consequences! #-o :shock:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Craig_From_Cincy wrote:That's what happens when you reach your upper 40's and need trifocals.
It's not a problem Craig until you can't find the glasses you left on top of your head.
Regards,
Squire
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I cant tell you how many times SWMBO has had a good laugh while I panic and search for my glasses only to find they are on my head. :oops:
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."