Speick Shave Cream vs Shave Stick

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
AZwildcat

Speick Shave Cream vs Shave Stick

Post by AZwildcat »

I am about to place an order with QED and was wondering what you guys recommend. What do you find to provide the more moisturizing shave? Which one smells better? Which has the better lather? Can you face lather with both? Thanks for your help guys.
Chris
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

No idea but I am interested in the stick. Let me know how it performs.
Richard
AZwildcat

Post by AZwildcat »

Will do. I chose the stick over the cream based on Charles' recommendation. Look forward to trying it out.
Chris
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I don't see Speick on Charles' web site, is it one of those "call and ask" items?
Richard
AZwildcat

Post by AZwildcat »

Yes it is a "call and ask" item. Charles carries both the cream and the shave stick. He may also carry the aftershave splash but I am not sure.
Chris
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

Hmm..... Now I know Charles carries this stuff, I really will have to try it. No excuses left, I guess.

-Mo
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I tried the Speick Stick last evening. First off, there seems to be bit of a cult following over on B&B regarding the Speick scent. Can't say it does much for me, I'll even say that I actually somewhat dislike the scent, but as always to each their own. It is a good performer, although not great, in the Shave Stick category I would put it somewhere above Palmolive and equal or slightly better than Erasmic. Certainly nowhere near the pinnacle of shaving soap that is Valobra. I can't really see myself using this shave stick again, there really is nothing much special about it unless you really enjoy the scent. At $7.50 for Speick vs. $9-$10 for Valobra...I know which one I would choose
Richard
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It could be great stuff, I just don't care for the scent.
Regards,
Squire
Padron

Post by Padron »

I like it, it's a bit different from other offerings out there so it is nice to throw it into the line-up every once and a while...I have the cream and the soap stick...I like the soap better but they work nicely mixed together too...

I like the aftershave too :).....it's much better than the cologne...
loueedacat1

Post by loueedacat1 »

rustyblade wrote:I tried the Speick Stick last evening. First off, there seems to be bit of a cult following over on B&B regarding the Speick scent. Can't say it does much for me, I'll even say that I actually somewhat dislike the scent, but as always to each their own.
Bingo. Don't get the excitement over this scent, but scent is I guess pretty personal.

And agree, the performance is really good but not in any way earthshattering. Valobra stick performance is better, but even that isn't any better than the perfomance of all the good tallow soaps.
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

The scent is different but not bad imho. I much prefer the cream. The shave stick is ok but not to the level it is elevated in other forums. I also place it along the same level as the palmolive stick. I believe Erasmic is a higher quality product when compared to the Speick stick. The Speick shave stick and the cream smell completely different in my opinion.

Raf
"A well lathered face is only half of a good shave"