Using Trumper's Skin Food as pre-shave

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

Good one Chris,
I don't know if this is similar or not, as I haven't yet tried the "exotic" soaps and creams....
When I used my boar brush, I got into the habit of squirting a bit of liquid glycerine/aloe soap into the brush, before I started mixing my Williams lather.
I kept with that habit for about a week after my Badger brush arrived... but there was WAY too much lather. Now, I wash my face well with the Glycerine soap, rinse, scrub some more in and cover with a hot towel while I twist up the Williams. I take off the towel and lather up. It makes for a very comfortable shave and the Williams goes further than it used to; and you know it is a long-lasting soap.
After my recent ordeal with trying another hard soap, I am sure it is this sequence and products that are helping my face heal up, as well as an Aloe gel I use after the shave.

I am still looking forward to trying the Taylors when it arrives, do you think I should keep doing the liquid soap thing, or try the Taylors by itself (after good prep of course) ?

Thanks, Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

Thanks Chris,
Yes it is a 'soap' ... glycerine and Aloe.
I appreciate your guidance and all the posts'reviews you've done.
It is the creams I am waiting for this time anyway... soaps another time maybe.

Gramps
~~ Larry ~~