Coates shaving cream....

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!

Post by Guest »

Joel,

I love Coate's....currently my favorite. I have not had any problems with the caps so I don't really know what you are referring to.

Robert
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Joel -

How about the Coates JARS ... or is it you prefer the convenience of the smaller tubes?

However, don't ask for Coates Lavender in Jar ... it is currently out of stock in England and Coates cannot tell me when it will be available. Yeah, I know that sounds stupid, but nonetheless it is the answer they've given me. 4 follow-up emails to them have gone unanswered. Incredible!

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Robert,

Welcome to the site!
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

Post by Guest »

Peter,
Thank you for the welcome. :D

Like all things, it comes down to personal preference. I love Taylors, Trumper, (never have tried Truefitt and Hill), and Coates. For whatever reason, Coates seems to be the best for me, although minimally over the others. I especially enjoy the almond...and rose...and lavendar, actually all of them. Of all the tubes I have used I have never had a cap break off...so far. I did break one off on a tube of Proraso one time but the excess cream around the opening sort of held it on well enough to keep the cream from drying out. One of the benefits of such a myriad of good soaps and creams is that we can all find something that is just right for us.

Happy Shaving,
Robert