Taylor's Creams... HAHAHAHAHA

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Taylor's Creams... HAHAHAHAHA

Post by Gramps »

Well Vince, or Joel,
if this post is in the wrong topic please move it...I have a lot to type, as usual and some is ON topic, some is OFF topic ...again... as usual. O:)

I first want to thank Charles at QED.com for the fast shipping, secure packaging, great products and advice!!! THANKS Charles!!! =D>

I received my package yesterday. When I came down to my room last evening (I work nights) the box was on my desk. I was kind of in a hurry to get ready for work, but I HAD to open it.(I had already done my b4 work shave :evil: )

Wellllllll.... the first thing I noticed was the fragrance.... JUST by opening the box!! Very N I C E....

I checked out each neatly wrapped package, then had to go.

When I arrived home this morning, I was greeted by the most wonderful scent(s)! My wife thought the fragrances were great too (that's a BIG plus).

Well, wifey off to work, then I checked each sample, tube and tub ... I smelled just great afterward! LOL I am sure you all know the feeling of having your olfactory sense overloaded (in a nice way).

I put a bit of each soap on the hollow of my elbow and rubbed them in (after my experience last week, I had to make sure there was no reaction :lol: )

Then I waited about 2 hours reading the news, this site of course and doing some writing. Guess what??????
NO REACTION !!!!!!!!!!!! So off to the shower I went.

A large container of water from the micro-wave, brush soaking and all implements in place... a very short shower and then the SHAVE!

1. lots of hot water on the face and a hot towel.
2. rub in some Proraso pre/post-shave (because I ordered it!)
3. let brush drip the extra water out of it
4. lather up with some "Mr. Taylor's cream WHAT A SCENT!!!!
5. shave with a new blade in the DE Gillette & light second pass
6. marvel at the close shave
7. rinse with warm water
8. apply a little Proraso
9. clean up my bowl and brush (what a LOAD of cream still in it!!)
10. a little cold water on the face (WOW... made the Proraso wake up!!)

I just LOVE the smell of the Mr. Taylor's cream... I wish I had ordered it in the tub, instead of the Lemon/Limes (although it smells great too).

I am really impressed guys.
The creams sure make a difference in the comfort, the feel of the shave, the closeness W I T H O U T ANY I R R I T A T I O N heh heh [-X

BIG Thanks to all who made suggestions and gave their opinions on where to start and again, to CHARLES>>> THANKYOU for your help and for being there. I can see alot of my future business going to you and everyone I can convince this is the... THE way to shave.

If you have never tried these creams I say GO FOR IT, you will not be disappointed. Call Charles and put in an order today!!

- Gramps
Last edited by Gramps on Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~ Larry ~~
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Gramps,

I would say that is 100% on topic ;)
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Thanks for the kind words, Gramps!

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

Ya' know fellows, I don't think it can get better than this.....

But, I thought the same thing after I got the badger brush! LOL

This is certainly... the best. (I just run out of words trying to describe it)

And I have to add, the rash I got last week from the '' other stuff'' was slowly clearing up, But with this shave, it seems to have just about disappeared altogether. Maybe it was the Proraso? But it was nice to not have the irritation I have had for the past week!!! \:D/

I owe it all to you guys on here, for sending me in the right direction.

Thanks again

Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Gramps,

Glad to hear you had such a great experience with the Taylors! I have never tried the "Mr. Taylors" but now it seems I will have to pick up a jar in the near future!

Yep...your addiction is just beginning...welcome to the club! :twisted:
:::Vince:::
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Post by blackgrass »

Gramps,
Which Proraso Pre/Post shave did you get? I see two on the QED site....one is the after shave soothing cream and the other is a lotion. Sounds like your pretty happy with it. The one concern I have in using the Proraso is that it has some type of oil in it.....doesn't it? Is it possible that it can hurt a shaving brush over time? I have a few things on order with Charles and thought I might add the Prosaso if you guys find it to be a good product.
Thanks,
Ben
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Ben,

I will start a thread on the poraso shaving cream.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.