Dark Rose - super lather

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
deshaveman

Dark Rose - super lather

Post by deshaveman »

This morning I tried a scent experiment. I've been going through Trumper's samples and I've found the rose and violet to be nice but not for me. Now I've heard of a shave cream from Germany called Tabula Rasa. The scented variety is called "Dark Lavender" and purportedly smells like patchouli and lavender.

This morning, as I was finishing off the last of my Trumper's rose sample I added a dash of KMF patchouli. Wow! :shock: The rose scent was juxtaposed with the earthy scent of patchouli. I really enjoy it.

It's definitely piqued my interest in Tabula Rasa's dark lavender.

Just wanted to share my little experiment.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Where do you get Tabula Rasa?
Regards,
Squire
deshaveman

Post by deshaveman »

Well, I have not gotten my hands on any but I did see it on Lee's Razors.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Found it. Anybody tried this stuff?
Regards,
Squire
xChris

Post by xChris »

Yes, I've tried it (TB DL). It is a nice cream with a great scent, IMO. Of course, scent is so subjective. I would say if you like patchouli, this is one to try. The cream is highly whipped, and comes in a taller jar than say the 3Ts. The formula does not dry my skin either.

Chris Fischer and Klaus (moviemaniac) have both used Tabula Rasa's shave cream too. There might already be some comments here on SMF about it.

By the way, the maker runs the 1000&1 Seife online store.
Chris
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Squire, I haven't used it; I did make some homebrew with Kiss My Face lavender and patchouli creams blended 1:1. I like it a lot. I know jramire2 was a big proponent of this stuff (or at least a user), but he hasn't been around in a while.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we could all benefit from a patented Squire review (not to spend your money for you...).

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
xChris

Post by xChris »

Squire,

If you're interested, maybe we could make a trade of creams or something? I could send you some of the TR DL.
Chris
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Sure Chris, I probably could find something around here to trade, PM me.
Last edited by Squire on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Squire
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Tabula Rasa is hand made by the Berlin based company http://www.1001seife.de. It comes in several "scents" including Dark Lavender. Lees Razors also carries the Dark Lavender version I believe. It is an excellent product and highly recommended especially if you prefer natural formulations.

Chris