Proraso Shaving Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
SurfFisherman
Bargain Detector

Proraso Shaving Soap

Post by SurfFisherman »

Hello all! I am new to the group and after spending some time reading the board, I have decided to try wet shaving. (I'm pretty excited!)

I just ordered some Proraso Shaving Soap, Pre-After Cream, and an Omega Boar brush from Charles at QED. (Before I offend anyone- If all goes well, I will eventually upgrade to a Badger brush.)

Can you, my fellow members, give me some general instructions, tips, guidelines for use of the shaving soap? How do I produce the proper later using a brush and the Proraso soap? I want my first experience with wet shaving to be positive!

Thanks in advance!
SurfFisherman
Bargain Detector

Post by SurfFisherman »

Joel-

Wow! Photos/video would be awesome! (Certainly more than I ever expected!) I truly appreciate your going the extra mile to help a noob!

Charles informed me that my order is ready to ship, so I should be experiencing my first wet shave sometime early next week. I couldn't be more excited!

I hope other members will also share their tips for shaving with a soap.
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Surf,

I have an Omega Brush as well as others and the Omega is a very nice brush you should be very pleased with it.

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
SurfFisherman
Bargain Detector

Post by SurfFisherman »

Joel-

You are the man! Thank you so much for the terrific photos and detailed instructions/descriptions on lathering soap AND cream!

I am sure that your photos will become a popular, must-view thread for any first-timers like myself. Maybe it should be pinned somewhere???

I can't wait for my first wet shave! I will post the results.

Thanks again!
Seanydizzle

Post by Seanydizzle »

Where can I check out the video?
SurfFisherman
Bargain Detector

Post by SurfFisherman »

Seanydizzle-

The video doesn't exist (there were technical difficulties), but Joel created several AWESOME photo how-to guides which you can check out in the "Pictorials" section off the forum main page.

Enjoy! (And, thank Joel!!!)
Chris G
New York City
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Joel

Maybe you can pop the video over to me and I can work on it from the apple end of things.

Peter
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.