Castle forbes and JF Floris

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
karim0028

Castle forbes and JF Floris

Post by karim0028 »

Hey Guys,

I have tried both Floris and and Castle forbes and both of them are awesome creams, in my book much better than trumpers or any other soap or creams ive tried. I seriously think it has something to do with the aloevera they both use as a main ingredient.

Both creams work wonderfully with my skin and i can shave with them everyday.....
-"Life without emotion is no more than death in disguise"
karim0028
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Congratulations on finding something that works for you. Enjoy.
Regards,
Jani
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Re: Castle forbes and JF Floris

Post by notthesharpest »

karim0028 wrote:Hey Guys,

I have tried both Floris and and Castle forbes and both of them are awesome creams, in my book much better than trumpers or any other soap or creams ive tried. I seriously think it has something to do with the aloevera they both use as a main ingredient.

Both creams work wonderfully with my skin and i can shave with them everyday.....
I seriously doubt that the aloe vera is doing anything for your shave. However, the fact remains that these products work well for you, and that's what counts.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I too doubt that any small amount of aloe vera involved is of much significence, but they both are high quality products, though for various reasons, neither is my personal cup of tea. But if they seem to work unusually well for you and you're able/willing to pay the asking price, then that is the important thing.
Regards,
Gordon
Sfox7076
Keeper of the Coates

Post by Sfox7076 »

I really like the Castle Forbes lavender. It is not Coates' lavender, but it is still really good. It was the first high end, non three-Ts non-Coates I used, and when I am out of Coates and MWF (so about 2026), I will go back for Castle Forbes.

Shawn
"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, a great deal of it is absolutely fatal" - Oscar Wilde
karim0028

Post by karim0028 »

Yeah, i dont know how to explain it.... After almost every one of the major creams/soaps i have tried T&H, T, TOBS, MWF, C&E, propraso, all of them gave me an uncomfortable/decent shave that required soothing afterwards....

At first i was in heaven with Floris cream (as mentioned in my previous posts) and by chance i thought i would try CF just to see if it was as good as people mentioned and i went and bought it.

TO my surprise it also shave extremely comfortably and no need to sooth afterwards, no skin irritation, no burning, no breakouts, nothing, just a smooth and comfortable shave day in, day out....

I went and looked at the ingredients and Floris and CF have almost identical ingredients and almost identical ordering of importance of the same ingredients...

Aloe seems to be number 2 on the list after Aqua, so i would assume that its not a minor part of the formulation.....

Would i be wrong there? I mean, the amount of the product is is usually reflected in its ordering of the ingredients......
-"Life without emotion is no more than death in disguise"
karim0028
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Aloe itself is mostly water, and its lubrication and moisturizing properties are extremely small. Many products that contain aloe, contain it because customers like to see its famous name, not because it's really effective for the purpose. To put it plainly, the first two ingredients could just as well read "water" and "more water".

It's almost certainly their mixture of soap chemicals that are doing it for you.