Trumper's Coconut

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Trumper's Coconut

Post by clownjuggles »

Ok,

My first shave with Trumpers coconut. Lathered up extremely quickly. It was an extremely moist lather. The shave was very emollient and very soothing. It is a definate keeper fragerence! If the sandelwood is as good as this my castle forbes has some definate competition! And those of you who know me that is one hell of a recomendation!!
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Peter,
I have to say that I'm intrigued by the idea of a cocunut scent. Are you using the soap or the cream?
Randy
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

I am using the cream. It is a very crisp scent. and is VERY emollient. It is more so than the sandelwood cream by trumper. Could just be my skin type though...
Peter
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Hi,
Haven't posted in months, but Trumper coconut is one of my favorite creams. I don't use it as much as some others, I mostly save it for special occasions when I have hours to blow wallowing in the luxury of it all...a light smell, like Joel says, but nice all the same. Hard to fight off images of island girls in grass skirts.....oh well. Lately I am also trying Truefitt&Hill Rose which my gf chose for me, I also like it pretty well
John P.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I love this scent. It's not potent, it sneaks up on you a bit, but man is it ever good if you enjoy the smell of Coconut. I can't wait to lather this up and see how it performs tommorow!
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Chris,

This is the easiest shaving cream on my face. I have yet to try the violet. But I just find this to be a great cream.

Peter
Peter
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i got like a half pot or so of coconut and passed it on to my father. either it was bad or i just did not like the smell

sam
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

My exposure to coconut scents is limited to suntan lotions and candles, and I dislike the scent probably as much as I dislike vanilla. Is the scent of the Trumper coconut cream and soap similar at all to suntan lotions, candles, potpurri, etc.?

Dave T
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Yeah it's not like the suntan lotions at all, a much richer and much-less "candy like" scent. Aside from Trumper Violet and Taylor's Lavender and Shave Shop, it is probably my favorite scent.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

That's good to hear, Chris; in fact it's what I was hoping to hear. I love Trumper's violet and Taylor's lavender as well (just used the lavender this morning). I've not had Taylor's Shave Shop.

Dave T
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I'd recommend picking up the Shaving Shop. It's a fantastic scent, citrusy/lemony with woody notes. It's utterly fantastic. I can't recommend the coconut enough...the best way I can think of to describe it is like a mixture of milk/cream and coconut rich, but subtle. Very nice.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

I shall indeed try Shave Shop, then, Chris. I've been wanting to try Taylor's Eton College because several people have praised that fragrance. Looks like I have an order taking shape: Trumper's coconut, Taylor's Shave Shop, and Taylor's Eton College.

Dave T
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I was thinking of trying the Eton's college myself...I planned on ordering a tub of Trumper's Coconut and and a tube of Almond. I may have to add Eton College. I'm a Taylor's fanatic, Eton College and the St. James are the only ones I don't have. You can't go wrong with Taylor's, IMHO.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Dave T. You might be okay with the Trumpers Coconut shave cream. I don't generally care for a coconut or vanilla scent in gentlemen's products either. I have no desire to smell like a bakery shop, whether women are attracted to it or not. The Trumpers, however, is quite light and somewhat 'dry'. There's another note under the coconut. It's subtle. but it's there, almost a hint of a leather note, and this adds just a whisper of masculinity to the scent. It's a unique shaving cream. Not as striking as the Violet, to be sure, but still unique. Regards, Gordon
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Thanks for the further advice, Gordon. It answered another question I'd thought about overnight, which was if the cream might be similar in scent to coconut cream pie, which I dearly love to eat, but I wouldn't want the scent all over my face.

Dave T