Florena Cream NOT Discontinued in Canada

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Gery Roif

Florena Cream NOT Discontinued in Canada

Post by Gery Roif »

I was in Canada recently visiting family, and in one of the major Canadian grocery store chains, Sobeys, were several tubes of Florena shaving cream at regular price, $3.79, with "improved formula" on the box. It was right next to some Nivea tubed shaving cream for $3.49. According to the manager, in Canada, Florena will only be available at Sobeys and IGA stores.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

shalom, Gerry!

I was positive that Florena was absolutely no more here in Montreal, and the rest of Canada. My tube is half-empty, and I use it very sparingly now.
JEFF
RazorRamone

Post by RazorRamone »

London Drugs seems to be carrying Florena as well.
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Kaloderma, Florena, and Nivea. I'm convinced they are all the same except for scent.
Richard
JimDandy

Post by JimDandy »

I was in a couple of stores the other day and noticed that it's now in a Nivea box. The ones I saw actually had a label on the box saying it was previously known as Florena.

Best,

Les
Perhaps one day we'll look back on this moment and crash into a parked car.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

There is actually no more Florena shaving cream as it was, being sold here in Canada. The brand was taken over completely by Nivea.
JEFF
baldchin

Post by baldchin »

crackstar wrote:There is actually no more Florena shaving cream as it was, being sold here in Canada. The brand was taken over completely by Nivea.
Know if the Nivea Milde Shaving Cream in the UK is the same as Florena you sent me a while ago Jeff - has it been discussed ?
Will

If it's smokin' it's cookin', when it's black it's done.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Hi Will!

To tell you the truth, I believe that they are really 2 different creams. They are both good, but I honestly prefer Florena. I've got perhaps a quarter of a tube left, so once it's finished, that'll be the end of my Florena era. :cry:
JEFF
brumble

Post by brumble »

RazorRamone wrote:London Drugs seems to be carrying Florena as well.
Seen it at some locations, but no others. Guess might just be some stores clearing out existing stock?
brumble

Post by brumble »

Doh! Double post.
Last edited by brumble on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Well, I have a couple of Florena tubes on the way to me--I did a trade-off with a nice gentleman here! :D
JEFF
JimR

Post by JimR »

The Good Doctor sent me a tube of this from the recent drawing, and I must say I've taken to it like blazes--this is some very nice stuff. I've already tracked down a tube here in Japan (!!!!) and it looks like it's still in production in Germany, so it's not completely gone, it appears. Hope always remains.