Well now this is just wierd

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Reverend Jim

Well now this is just wierd

Post by Reverend Jim »

I have this hard soap that I bought that was just impossible to lather. I was beginning to think it was me but my other soaps lather fine. I read some posts here that said that it WAS hard to lather but worth it. I tried it again last night (it has been setting sealed up in a Tupperware container in the bathroom) and found it to be spongy! You could poke your finger in it and it would go down and then bounce back somewhat slowly. It smelled fine but it was kind of creepy. I tried to lather it anyway with no success. Into the trash it went. Out came the tube of Proraso.

I just ordered some MWF from Westcoastshaving. I'm really interested in trying that.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
Crhis

Post by Crhis »

So which soap was it?
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

That is weird -- you must have sealed the container before it was fully dried out - but who would expect that kind of result? Sponge-Bob meets shaving soap. Very odd indeed.

Good luck with the Fat -- I think it's fair to warn you, however, that MWF isn't for the faint of heart, and many have been unable to reach a Nirvana shave with it.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?