What are your thoughts on the Feather shaving products...

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
AceHarddrive

What are your thoughts on the Feather shaving products...

Post by AceHarddrive »

...(other than the razor) such as those as offered by ClassicShaving?

~Tim :wink:
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Tim,

I plan on ordering a feather straight within the next month. But I can't justify the cost on an currently unproven product. I have to hear more reviews on something before i become a buyer of it. But that is just me.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Tim,

Chris Fisher has used a number of Feather shaving products, perhaps we can get him to post his thoughts. I am waiting for several Feather products (Chris is sending me the unused portion of the products he tried) I will post my thoughts as soon as I get them.

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

All:

The Feather products are all quite good. I found the preshave to be the best of the lot. The A/S balm is also quite nice. However, I find that proper prep requires no preshave of any kind and thus the Feather products are are on their way to Paul. I'd say the preshave stands out most when you don't have time to do proper prep and need something to make up for that.

Chris