Penhaligon's email campaign

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Churchill

Penhaligon's email campaign

Post by Churchill »

Good evening gentlemen.
Due to our desire to obtain Pen's English Fern shave cream and Hammam Bouquet cream and soap Nathan and I have decide to start an email campaign.
Nathan is currently drafting the initial email and I shall follow it up.
For those of you who also would like to join in here is the UK email address:

Byrequest@Penhaligons.com

Join in,who knows we may actually get lucky.
Bob
Bob
diggity

Post by diggity »

Gents,

Here is the email to Penhaligon's....please email them...I will let you know as soon as I receive a response from them:

Dear Penhaligon's,

I hope that business is well! I am a member over at the shaving forums, www.shavemyface.com and www.badgerandblade.com. There has been a strong request by members of both shaving forums for Penhaligon's to bring back a few products, namely: English Fern Shave Cream, Hammam Bouquet Shave Cream, and Hammam Bouquet Tallow Shave Soap.

While we know that Penhaligon's most likely hasn't included these products in their road map, we were wondering if Penhaligon's would be interested in bringing these items back for a limited run if we get enough orders (and pay in advance) so that it makes sense for you from a business perspective. There are a lot of members at both of these forums that love your products and would like to be able to buy multiples of these items in a group buy. Other vendors in the past such as Simpson and Trumpers have partaken in group buys with special orders such as this. While I know that this is out of the norm from a business perspective, we are all really hoping that you can meet our request as we are a niche market who are dedicated to your products. Thank you so much in advance.

Kind Regards,
Nathan
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Looks good to me.
Regards,
Jani
rgc

Post by rgc »

Well thanks to Nathan I have had the pleasure of experiencing this cream. I have to say I have only tried two of the three Ts and this mornings shave blew them out of the water (or sink for that matter). Anyway, I am in although I might be adding a comment or two regarding brining back the Castile shave cream too!

rgc
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Very well worded Nathan!
Regards,
David
whitebar

Post by whitebar »

Great idea! I like to personalize communication such as this so that mine does not look exactly like all the others so I added the following paragraph to the top of your email example. Please keep us updated on this.
Dear Penhaligon's,

I am a huge fan of Penhaligon's and use a lot of your products on a regular basis. Currently in my shaving rotation is English Fern shaving soap w/bowl and the edt. I also have BB shaving soap w/ bowl, edt, cream, and after shave balm. I regularly stock up on your products and have 6 pucks of soap in reserve. Needless to say, I find your products to be of the highest quality and I am a loyal customer.
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I took Nathan's lead and sent an email similar but different. Thanks Bob and Nathan; count me in on this when and if.
Ron
brothers

Post by brothers »

Good idea, men. I'll work on my version to retain originality, likewise, but I'm game. Thanks!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

Thanks for the support guys. My email was along the same lines as everyone else's and adding that we really enjoy the quality of their products and would like to see the classic scents brought into the cream and soap arena as they have done with some of their newer scents. Who knows maybe this will at least plant a seed in someone's head.
Bob
diggity

Post by diggity »

I hope so, Bob. Cross your fingers folks, the more the merrier!
Nathan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Email to Penhaligon's has been sent.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Percypurps

Post by Percypurps »

I was lucky enough to acquire a couple of pucks of the Hammam Bouquet Shaving Soap and one tube of cream from the Penhaligon's outlet shop in Bicester Village. Both excellent products and I would love to see their return.

On a related topic, the last time I was in the Bicester Village store I was talking to the manageress about discontinued products, and she assured me that the company as a whole does take customer opinion seriously, and suggested that emails of this nature may very well bear fruit. Whether or not, this was company hype, I cannot say, but hopefully it bodes well for the return of these products.

Kindest regards,
Alex
"Just because a chap becomes a ghost, surely it doesn't mean that he ceases to be a gentleman."
TOB9595

Post by TOB9595 »

email sent.

Thank you for organizing this
Tom
Tom
I keep CHRIST in CHRISTMAS
God Bless America
NRA Endowed
NJKCA #016
Flashoholic
Here is my Sale and TRADE stuff
http://picasaweb.google.com/tob9595/SaleAndTrade
Churchill

Post by Churchill »

Has anyone heard anything yet? They are still stonewalling me. :roll:
Bob
brothers

Post by brothers »

"Stonewalling" is probably much too strong a word at this point. It would be my judgment that if they're going to issue a throw-away brush off, we'd get that in 3 or 4 days, and we'd be done. I believe that a considered response would be more meaningful, and would take around 10 days minimum, and even more, depending on how serious they take our proposal. So I'm not at all hoping we'll get a 4 or 5 day positive response. I am hoping they do take it seriously, and marshall the resources to determine whether they can do what we propose, no matter how long that takes.
Gary

TOB9595

Post by TOB9595 »

Not a word to me
:)
Tom
Tom
God Bless America
NRA Endowed
NJKCA #016
Flashoholic
diggity

Post by diggity »

No response for me either. Penhaligon's has taken about 4-7 days to get back to me regarding other topics in the past. So, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it takes them even longer (maybe 2-3 weeks) to respond to our request. I would assume that it would take a while to get the approvals from their upper management to embark on this type of transaction.
Nathan
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

I just sent Penhaligon's an email as well. Hopefully, we'll get a response in due course.
Lynn
TOB9595

Post by TOB9595 »

jUST HEARD. tHEY ARE OPEN TO A RUN...lOOKS LIKE WE NEED A point person TO LEAD THE NUMBER GATHERING AND BE A POINT OF CONTACT TO pen
Thank you for your email. We are currently reformulating our shaving soaps so they do not contain tallow, we will use vegetable base instead.

Please can you kindly confirm the quantities you would require collectively, as our producers have a minimum order quantity.

Thank you for your interest in Penhaligons and for your loyalty. We take our customer feedback very seriously and these comments have been passed to our new product development team.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards

Penhaligon's By Request

tOM
Tom
God Bless America
NRA Endowed
NJKCA #016
Flashoholic
rgc

Post by rgc »

Yup, that is the same email I received. Kind of vague yet hopeful.