Men-u concentrate

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
richy

Men-u concentrate

Post by richy »

Hello

Anyone ever tried this stuff ?,just bought some and havent had the opportunity to shave with it as yet ,made a practice lather though and it seems very nice providing a thick and minty lather ,4 squirts makes a lot of lather !

Just asking if anyones tried thats all no biggie
BoldSpice

Post by BoldSpice »

Yeah, I was surprised at how good this is. And the smell is absolutely delicious. To my mind it's as good as the Creightons creams, just different.
richy

Post by richy »

First shave this morning with this stuff ,not impressed .

Lathers great and smells the same ,didnt seem a whole lot of cushion though ,maybe it's me .

I'll give it some more goes
PT

Post by PT »

I have had one shave with it as well. Liked the smell and the minty feel, but I think I made it too watery and did not get the lather I would expect.
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Men-U has been around at least as long as this forum, and gets pretty good reviews most of the time. I like it, and have used it extensively for travel (and at home as well). Works quite well with the men-u synthetic brushes as well as regular boar or badger brushes, IMHO.
Goes a long way. Give it a shot, you are the best judge of what works for you. For me, it's on the list of good to go.

John P.
jhclare

Post by jhclare »

It's very easy to add too much water - start with almost dry brush and go SLOW.

I love their face wash and moisturiser more though!