Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Gotta have the "Fat"!..... :D
Regards,
David
IanM

Post by IanM »

Aztecface wrote:Ian, it might be easy to misunderstand you when you say "DON'T SOAK THE PUCK". I always soak my soaps while I wash my face and never have any problems with them.
The only soap I've ever done that with was my first puck of MWF, and it pretty much stopped lathering and I threw it out. I bought a new puck and had no problems.

Perhaps something in my water did something to it.

Ian
Those who design "Fool Proof" systems often underestimate the ability of fools.
paddy

Post by paddy »

depends on your rotation. if you're using a puck of MWF for your daily shave i would expect it to last at least 3 months.
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Alternating mine with several other top performers, I think my MWF puck is going to last about a year, at the very least, maybe two.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

You all didn't think I would ignore this post -- even with my lower activity of late?

WMF is the must try for any wet shaver. It's legendary, marvelous, incredible,....... I can go on for days, and days singing its praises .....

Just making up for my absence. :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

we all have been waiting for you to appear wendall

nice seeing you again

your bud
marc
ChemErik

Post by ChemErik »

GA Russell wrote:The dark oak is the one I've been looking at too.
I have the dark oak bowl; it is very high quality and looks great. I've used about 75% of the original puck I purchased with it and aside from a little dried lather it looks brand new.
84.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
HYPEractive

Post by HYPEractive »

I purchased MWF on the high recommendations found on this site. The only other products I've used was Proraso and eShave. MWF is an amazing product with a mild, masculine scent and a very nice lather. Everyone is right when they say it's a must-try.
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

i must say that i couldn't see any difference between mwf and tabac. however, i love the scent of tabac.. even so,,,nothing i've found can lubricate like kell's original. that stuff is in a league by itself. i can increase the setting on my futur 1.5 more than with anyother soap or cream.
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
javyn

Post by javyn »

Aren't MWF and Kent the same thing?
John
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

javyn wrote:Aren't MWF and Kent the same thing?
Yes -- Mitchell's produce OEM versions of woolfat for Kent as well as The Rose & Co. Apothecary located in West Yorkshire (main store in Leeds & period store in the main tourist area of Howarth). They probably OEM it for other companies as well, but I haven't found any.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?