How do you lather?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

How do you lather?

Post by Chris »

Do you lather in the palm of your hand or just dip the brush in the tub? I'm new to all this and don't know which way is best! Any input, as always, is GREATLY appreciated..

Chris
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Hey Chris,

I can say that there is not one way of lathering. I take a small amount of cream and place it in a mug, wet my brush and whip it up. Some guys like to wet the brush and swirl it in the cream and then lather it on their face.

I like to make the lather in the mug and watch it get foamy. It's more fun for me that way. You can see the pics that I took in the "shaving brushes" topic under SR230 in action. I show cream and soap lather process.

The bottom line is that you get the best lather you can anyway you can.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Chris,

I'd start out using a mug or small bowl. It's the easiest to see how well the lather is forming, before you put it on your face.
If you have the time, try making your lather several different ways (mug, palm, directly on the face) and see which one you like best.

Steve