Best Brushless?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
BeatlesFan

Best Brushless?

Post by BeatlesFan »

What would you gentlemen say is the king of the brushless creams? I mean the undisputed world heavyweight champ, the "ne plus ultra" . . . well you get the picture. If a gent such as myself wanted to try the very best brushless, what would you recommend?
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Nancy Boy.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Dale

Post by Dale »

Nancy Boy
Regards,
Dale
iancevans

Post by iancevans »

Nancy Boy.

Listen to the choir sing.
Ian

"Anything less than the best is a felony"
--Vanilla Ice
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm not saying Nancy Boy is not the best, because I tend to agree. I'm only saying that if I wanted to do a little bit of research, I'd like to try a can of Proraso pressurized shaving cream alongside Nancy Boy, and see how the chips fall. You know what, maybe that would be an interesting project for the coming fall and winter months. I believe the cost of both is within a dollar or two of being the same.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ChemErik

Post by ChemErik »

I'd go with Kiss My Face. Of course, it's better when used with a brush.
84.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
iancevans

Post by iancevans »

brothers wrote:I'm only saying that if I wanted to do a little bit of research, I'd like to try a can of Proraso pressurized shaving cream alongside Nancy Boy, and see how the chips fall. You know what, maybe that would be an interesting project for the coming fall and winter months. I believe the cost of both is within a dollar or two of being the same.
Do it for the sake of Science and Knowledge, Gary!

(We SMFers deserve to be congratulated at how selflessly we experiment in the interests of the general knowledge of the board, even to our own financial detriment. Like my upcoming investigations of the Fatboy and several Fitjar creams. :wink: )
Ian

"Anything less than the best is a felony"
--Vanilla Ice
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Maybe John Allan's Cream, but since brushless shaving is only a short-term detour, I'm not willing to spend any more bucks looking for the right stuff. Of course if I'm still doing this in six months, then Houston we have a problem.
Ron
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

brothers wrote: I'd like to try a can of Proraso pressurized shaving cream alongside Nancy Boy, and see how the chips fall.
When I started down this roads a few years back, I did try both. Nancy Boy by a mile.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
brothers

Post by brothers »

Well, there it is! Too bad, I was starting to plan a brushless showdown.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gary, Whatever 'the best' is, I assure it's NOT Proraso in a can. Barbasol's better, IMO. FWIW, of the brushless products I've tried, Nancy Boy was probably the best.
Regards,
Gordon
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gary, Well, if you were getting attached to the idea of a 'showdown', maybe you could try Nancy Boy vs Molle. You know, the new kid vs. the old timer.
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

That sounds like an interesting project. This keeps on getting better. It'll take a few days to round up the 2 contestants. Then I'm going to do it. I've been curious about Molle ever since I heard about it, but I've never tried it. Good call, Gordon.
Gary

Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Shavex. Smells just like Grandpapa's morning face.

And Habit Rouge sans blaireau was damn good. Gosh we were spoiled for choice back in the day...
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
brothers

Post by brothers »

brothers wrote:That sounds like an interesting project. This keeps on getting better. It'll take a few days to round up the 2 contestants. Then I'm going to do it. I've been curious about Molle ever since I heard about it, but I've never tried it. Good call, Gordon.
This is evolving. There will be more than 2 products, just so you know. I'll put a little more planning into the project, and get things underway in a week or so.
Gary

Cigar Dan

Post by Cigar Dan »

One more vote for Nancy Boy.
Danny
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I'd like to hear your take on the John Allan stuff, Gary, if you get a chance. I don't think it's a top-flight performer, but it does nothing wrong, and probably will end up in the middle of the pack should you choose to include it. I'm done pushing it; it is what it is.
Ron
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Men's Stock North Woods is the one that I keep going back to.

Dr Bronner's Liquid Soap is great for those mornings when you are in a "real" hurry.
Ed
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

RISE with baby oil.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
brothers

Post by brothers »

I apologize for having come so close to actually hijacking this thread. I'm just a few days away from starting the official brushless shaving product evaluation process. I'm testing my brushless shaving procedures and evaluation criteria right now. The next time I post about brushless stuff, it'll be in the new thread, to set out the criteria I've adopted, and to identify the products that I will and will not be evaluating, and why. Today was the first time in at least a year since I've shaved without a brush. Great shave, btw. This is going to be good.
Gary