My first MWF shave

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

sparkster123 wrote:well im hooked on it. i can see this being my main soap.
And the devotees just keep lining up! :D
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
sparkster123

Post by sparkster123 »

you got that rite . check out my new signature. maybe i should change my name from sparkster to woolster.
randy

woolfat woolster
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I was going to say hooked and reeled in.
Regards,
Squire
hoffo

Post by hoffo »

First shave with MWF! I'm hooked! :)
Amazing scent and super smooth shaving - even from an average blade!

I encountered absolutely NO issues building a nice lather, even with my cheap AOS badger brush. Occasionally gave it a nice quick dip (barely touched the surface of the water, that is) in some hot water and "renewed" the lather on my face.

After reading how finicky its lather could be, I was astounded how easily it did so for me!

A couple questions though - I lathered it up in the cool ceramic bowl it came in - is that not right? Secondly, with what sort of after shave should one follow up such a nice shave? What do you use?

Thanks for your time!
Scott
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Scott, the mild scent MWF hasn't conflicted with any follow up I've used.
Regards,
Squire
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

You can load the brush with lather in the bowl. If you do that you can just leave the excess in there and put the lid on 'til the next day.

As for aftershave . . . I never need it after using MWF but as there's very little scent in MWF you could use anything . . . the World's your lobster.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Come to think of it I often followed MWF with Trumpers Eau de Quinine.
Regards,
Squire
slimjim5751

Post by slimjim5751 »

You gentlemen have said it all, MWF is a most excellent soap and at a reasonable price in the UK.
Jim
czbeme

Re: My first MWF shave

Post by czbeme »

kpf1979 wrote:Just to jump in on this thread, instead of starting one of my own. I had my first MWF shave this morning. I have to admit, I was a little concerned by the Fat’s reputation as a finicky, temperamental soap. My concerns were unfounded; I didn’t really have any trouble. I made a test lather few nights ago and it was, maybe, a bit thin, but it was probably perfectly usable. I think I didn’t load the brush quite long enough. My lather this morning was much better, and I had a very comfortable, very relaxing shave. It’s getting a place in the rotation, but I don’t know if it’s going to displace my top soaps. All in all, I am impressed with the quality of my first shave with the Fat.

-Kevin
Kevin,

What are the top soaps that won't be diplaced by MWF?

Thanks,
Curt