MWF

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
stagger

MWF

Post by stagger »

I am looking to purchase some MWF and was wondering if anyone would send me a PM recommending a vendor (best price) to purchase from. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Stagger
function

Post by function »

Something tells me JWW and a couple others are twitching with excitement at reading this. I'm almost afraid to tell them it will probably be the next puck I purchase.
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I normally buy directly from Mitchell's when I visit the UK. Carbolic Soap.com is a reliable vendor. Or - you can look for some Kent soap on eBay - it's the same product.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Empty Words

Post by Empty Words »

I buy most of mine from Connaught Shaving. Mistry's Pharmacy is another good place to purchase it from, under the Kent brand.
slimjim5751

Post by slimjim5751 »

Yes i agree both are good sites to get MWF if not Ebay
Jim
PACHUCO

Post by PACHUCO »

My UK source for MWF has been Shaving-Shack.com, stateside Bullgoose Shaving has some pretty competative prices. Great stuff, if it does not work for you right away give it a little time.

Serg
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

west coast shaving
mmortus

Post by mmortus »

Shaving-Shack is where I stock piled enough for a couple lifetimes...
Regards,
Matt
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Kent is the same and cheaper, since price was mentioned.
Regards,
Squire
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

mmortus wrote:Shaving-Shack is where I stock piled enough for a couple lifetimes...
I created a monster!.... :twisted:
Regards,
David
chrisisconnorsdad

Post by chrisisconnorsdad »

High Desert....So. Cal....Desert Badger you may have a neighbor...
Chris
------------
I step out of the shower, steaming up the place
Wipe off the mirror, shave my baby face
Can't help but smile, hey what can I say
I got my game on
-Trace Adkins
jss

Post by jss »

Deleted
Last edited by jss on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,

Julian
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Phil@ Bullgoose also sells a aluminum tin with threaded cap for $2.50 which is a perfect fit for the WMF puck ( $13 last check.) Mine is somewhere on a bicycle tonight.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

KAV wrote:Phil@ Bullgoose also sells a aluminum tin with threaded cap for $2.50 which is a perfect fit for the WMF puck ( $13 last check.) Mine is somewhere on a bicycle tonight.
Blasphemy -- nothing short of the revered porcelain dish will do to house my MWF :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

JWW, shortly after the Northridge earthquake curator's wax apeared in the hardware stores. It's a sticky, but removable material to secure valuable items onto shelves. Given how much that MWF container costs and it's dislike of high velocity test drops I went with aluminum. Lathering in a container glued to the counter is difficult at best :wink:
drumana

Post by drumana »

Wendell should be happy to know that I've ordered a puck of MWF as part of a recent order that I made. It's been over a year since I've used the Fat, I think. It's porcelain dish has been housing a puck of Tabac. But soon it's contents will once again house the mysterious and controversial Fat.
-Andrew-
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

You will I hope Andrew be satisfied with MWF. Mine has been in my spare Tabac bowl. Tabac and MWF pucks are the same size. Never mind what Wendell told about blasphemy hehe :)

It is a bit funny to face lather MWF. I use a well shaken brush to load my brush like half minute or more and when I first apply it to my face the results don't look so promising. It looks bubbly etc. and not as nice as say from Tabac straight from the shaken loaded brush.

But when I dip my brush to sink and repeat it builds to a very fine lather. It does not need much water, but some yes to build a good very protecting lather that I like very much from MWF.

I have soft water so if you have hard water it might be not as marvellious as it is to me.

Jarmo
Jarmo
Lord Ponsenberry Smyth

Post by Lord Ponsenberry Smyth »

KAV wrote: Mine is somewhere on a bicycle tonight.
Somewhere on a bicycle tonight ?

Pray tell dear chap,....what in the world is your MWF doing on a bicycle ?

(I have a feeling i'm going to be sorry for asking this ...... perhaps I
should switch back to using water instead of Dom Perignon to make my shaving cream lather).

Dismissed.
David Ponsenberry Smyth 111. ( Lord )
Advocate for the use of French and Italian soaps.

Post by KAV »

It was given in christian charity to a member of another peerage of the road, aka hoboes in north america and tinkers in the british isles. Then in like charity a forum member sent me another MWF puck and I donated the cost to a haitian relief fund of impeccable reputation.
"When two men meet a third should benefit."
KAV

Post by KAV »

In truth If you've read Flann O'Brian's The Third Policeman or JRR Tolkien's account of the Ents we are all in danger of changing into bicycles or trees or even< GASP > Californians.
Today was the veneration of the cross and a member of the congregation was siezed in a violent coughing spell. Our priest didn't miss a word in his sermon, but grabbed a container of Holy Water and helped her drink it.
later she said the burning charcoal got to her. Several people admitted to watching 1000 ways to die on SPIKE T.V. the previous day. In this one, 4 people in the nearby community of Tarzana CA (named after the writer of the Tarzan books who lived nearby) tried a pagan exorcism on a Goth Girl. They were burning incense on charcoal inside a tent covering the pentagram. They all succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning except the goth, she being bound on the floor near fresh air. I am almost ashamed to admit I went to college with the 'high priestess' who was jealous of my knowledge of the gaelic.
In a culture embracing aromatherapy, reality shows and earthquake kits relabled tsunami kits to invigorate sales MWF is both a delightfully humble, yet marvelous product of inate worth when so much is junk and mere fad.
I need to buy some more, maybe carry a piece in my pocket like a worry stone when bicycles leaning against walls ask for spare change or who I'm supporting for Governor.