Erasmic

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
stagger

Erasmic

Post by stagger »

Tried out my new tube of Erasmis for the first time last night. I found the scent to be OK but the lubricity was OUTSTANDING. Lots of cushion and my straight just glided through my whiskers. Proper prep probably helped a lot, but regardless, I really liked this cream.
Regards,
Mark -
joe mcclaine

Re: Erasmic

Post by joe mcclaine »

Last edited by joe mcclaine on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stagger

Post by stagger »

metal tube
Regards,
Mark -
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Last edited by joe mcclaine on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cvac

Post by cvac »

It comes in a plastic tube now? Can someone post pics of the plastic tube along with the ingredients so we can compare?

Pretty sure the one I got from WCS a couple months ago was a metal tube.
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Last edited by joe mcclaine on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cvac

Post by cvac »

Had no idea about this new "erasmic supreme" line. Those tubes look very similar to the Real Shaving Co. tubes. I wander if Creightons is making the new Erasmic creams? I'd be curious to try them anyway. I also wonder if the fixed the problem with their veg-based shave sticks not lathering.

I don't think this stuff has shown up at any US Vendors yet. Some US Vendors are still stocking the metal tube stuff.
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

cvac

Post by cvac »

The bowl is a glycerin soap, I have it but haven't tried it yet. Supposedly it works fine in the lathering dept.

The last batch non-tallow sticks are completely different from the bowl and supposedly do not work very well.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I love my old metal tube of Erasmic, not because it is a wonderful cream (there are far better) but because the scent reminds me of my father shaving with his verdigris-laden Myers/Wardonia hybrid DE in a cold Wiltshire bathroom - paraffin heater lit in the winter!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

The original Erasmic cream in the metal tube is probably one of the best creams in existance. I guess it will soon be considered to be vintage. The Erasmic bowl soap to me anyways, is so traditional and good.
JEFF
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

My local Savers store still has the metal tubes on sale for 99p each.

Pete
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Last edited by joe mcclaine on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melyus
Vendor

Post by melyus »

Im using Erasmic soap in plastic box and shave cream in metal tube .. i had very nice shave with both of them .
The Seeker

Post by The Seeker »

joe mcclaine wrote:Got 5 in my emergency box.
Ditto. Just had five delivered from Chemist Direct for £1.29 a piece.