Why Rotation?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I rotate because I can.
Regards,
Squire
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

"There are a number of people who avoid certain ingredients in their shaving products. Most of those people do not know what they're talking about..."

Doubleplus good there, smack in the crosshairs.
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
Araner

Post by Araner »

I don't rotate; I'm too lazy for that. I simply open up the medicine cabinet, look at what there is (and that ain't much) grab what appeals to me and that's what I use. I might use the same product everyday for a week, or I might change things up everyday.
AFG

Post by AFG »

I never use the same product two days in a row. I did that for a long time but no more. I no longer experiment as I have what I like and know that it works well for me. Nevertheless that's several creams and soaps. They all get used and enjoyed, just not two days in a row.
Al
druphus

Post by druphus »

AFG wrote:I never use the same product two days in a row. I did that for a long time but no more. I no longer experiment as I have what I like and know that it works well for me. Nevertheless that's several creams and soaps. They all get used and enjoyed, just not two days in a row.
+1 to that! This is why I frequent this forum. Advise from people who know what they are talking about!
Regards,
Andy
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

I used to have a fairly random rotation (i.e. no schedule, but just something different every day). However, for me I found that I was having a hard time really getting to know the soaps/creams, as it were, so I've been leaning towards using one product as long as it lasts so I can really tell how it performs and understand it better. This way, I can experiment with soap/water rations, lathering techniques, etc., and build a solid base of knowledge by which to judge a soap.
Regards,
Mike
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

"Why rotation?"

Because I damn well can! I can rotate razor, blades, cream, soap and aftershave and not use the same combination for a couple years into the future. What that means is what ever combination I want to use at any time is available to me.

So the short answer is I rotate because I can.
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Squire wrote:I rotate because I can.
+1

Once again, Squire says it all in fewer words than I can think it out in. :D
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
MR.Z

Question Answered....

Post by MR.Z »

My question had to do with the medicinal use of the same chemicals used on the skin everyday. Enough members answered me with helpful responses. Thank you.
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Mr. Z, I may be late with my answer, but I do think you may be onto something, sort of, when thinking about skin sensitivities. I recall Richard having some trouble after months on end with Valobra soap when he tried to use something else. He speculated that the problem wasn't so much a sensitivity to that one product as the fact that his skin was just too used to Valobra to deal with anything else. Additionally, I can say that some products that I used several days a week for an extended period of tie wound up causing me trouble after a while. These sorts of things aren't all that common, but I can see where it is possible that persistent use of a single product could generate sensitivities, either to it or to other products, particularly if that product contains a common allergen.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau