brushless creams?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Greenhouse

Post by Greenhouse »

I'm not a big fan of Creamo Cream. Brushless, it doesn't work for me very well. With a brush, I can get a passable shave, but it isn't very nice. Nothing compared to the top-shelf creams (3 T's).

To be fair, I've only used it 5-6 times. However, I don't think it will improve...

- Greenhouse.
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

I have tried the Cremo. It's good but I REALLY like:

My wife likes it, too!
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

I kind of like Aubrey Organics Men's Stock Northwoods Shaving Cream. It has a real strong menthol scent. I find it great when in a rush or on a really hot day when I do not want to bother with a brush.
Ed
siouxsie

Post by siouxsie »

I forgot to mention Barc Cutting Up. Can be used with or without a brush. Excellent stuff. Not that easy to find. Menessentials used to have it, but they went bust.
~Scott
brothers

Re: brushless creams?

Post by brothers »

robphelan wrote:hey guys!

I've been using a dual edge razor for a couple of years now and have been preaching the gospel to everyone I know. I will never go back to cartridges again.

I've mainly used Origins' products - specifically Blade Runner as my shave cream. They used to sell it in tubs, which was great for my big hands. Now, the only sell it in tubes.. I hate feeling like I can't get all the product out.

When I feel 'cheap', I'll buy something like Burt's Bees shave cream.. or similar, that runs about $8/tube.

Anyway, I'd really like to try a nice lavender or sandalwood scented cream, however, I don't use a brush. I shave about 6 times a week, usually in the shower - because with 2 kids, I don't have a lot of time in the morning to spend grooming.

Is there a product that I can use by applying directly by hand instead of having to use a brush? It seems like all the products discussed really need a brush, but I just don't normally have the time.

I think, though, that I would like to start a Sunday ritual of a locking the bathroom door, turning up NPR and having nice post-shower shave with a brush...

thanks a lot for your help.
Hi Rob. Welcome to SMF, sir! You have asked a very good question. I was able to prepare this comparison of over 20 commonly used shaving creams that can all be used without a brush. I hope this will be of some help to you. Good luck!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444