Trumpers Eucris Hard Shaving Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
DGB452

Trumpers Eucris Hard Shaving Soap

Post by DGB452 »

It seems as if Trumper's has brought out a new shaving soap, a very rare occurance indeed, also has the same formulation as their traditional shaving soaps too! So should be a great performer as well.

http://trumpers.com/product_detail.cfm? ... =111547764
drumana

Post by drumana »

Wow! That's great. The black wooden bowl is a nice touch. I'm not a big GFT soap fan, but I would consider this. Eucris is a fantastic scent.
-Andrew-
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

I haven’t purchased a soap bowl in damn near three years. This may be it. Hopefully it will make it’s way over hear by fall time.

I also like the black, sleek & different.

Now, if T&H would take a hint from their counterpart... :wink:
vtmax

Post by vtmax »

There seems to be more to choose from these days. I'm about to pick up the new Coates but I wish this was stateside already. I am also a big fan of the Eucris scent and the bowl looks sturdy and elegant.

Max
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

Interesting development, wonder if there will be a cream version as well? Id have to try that...
Rob
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Smart bowl. I wonder what the scent is like. I expect I'll drop in next week and get one, damn it.

Actually though I think their soaps are better than their creams these days. Top quality stuff.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
DEF

Post by DEF »

A very unexpected move. I'll buy it when it's available stateside.
Doug
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Well, I am not a big fan of 'cologne' soaps or creams, but wow, I do love the smell of Coronis hair dressing, which is Skye cologne.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I'll have to get one, even if I have new loves in the world of shaving soap.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Post by english_barber »

First we know of it, will be chasing Trumpers tommorrow as usual!

If I had a shaving soap brand , I would let my retailers know first....

Regards, Robert
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

drmoss_ca wrote:I'll have to get one, even if I have new loves in the world of shaving soap.

Chris
What are those, Chris?

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Robert,
I checked your site - not there, so I shall be waiting several weeks for the gnomes in N19 (Yay! Archway!) to send it to me.

Tye,
I have been in heavy rotation (See? I can learn new words/phrases!) with Woods of Windsor - don't ask, I own the remaining stocks in the world, Tabac, Cella, and P160. I am almost happy about it, having been through an eight month bathroom renovation which isn't yet finished, but I can now shave in the renovated bathroom. The world is not yet ready for the whole story, which is right up there with The Giant Rat of Sumatra.

Chris
Thank you, Watson.
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
lanolite

Post by lanolite »

What does Eurcris smell like -- if its possible to answer such a question.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Crushed green blackcurrant leaves. I'm lucky enough to have some blackcurrant bushes in the garden (must pick the berries tomorrow night) and I can vouch for this. Nothing like the blackcurrants themselves - sadly, for those of us who grew up on hot Ribena.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

This thread made me go running for my bottle of Eucris and splash some on, it is a great scent. Even though I prefer creams I may have to give one of these soaps a try.
Rob
95%

Post by 95% »

lanolite wrote:What does Eurcris smell like -- if its possible to answer such a question.
The Eucris EdT was my first love when I got into this, but I soon realized it's too powerful for everyday wear. It's sort of a classy version of a 1970's department store fragrance. It conjures up a sweaty John Travolta in the Saturday Night Fever "More Than a Woman" dance scene. He might be wearing something like Eucris, after shaving with Tabac.

The fragrance of the new Eucris shave soap wil undoubtedly be quite tolerable, and one can predict it will shave as well as the other fine GFT soaps.
Porter
drumana

Post by drumana »

lanolite wrote:What does Eurcris smell like -- if its possible to answer such a question.
Eucris is a bit of a paradox to me. One one hand it's a very dressy type of scent - an evening black tie type of thing - and at the same time it's somehow very earthy and rustic. I like that contrast. It's an intriguing and unique scent, IMO.
-Andrew-
brothers

Post by brothers »

The refill is also available, at a very reasonable cost, probably the same as the normal range of soaps, but the shipping, whether for the bowl or refill only, is equal to the soap and bowl, approximately, and almost 150% the cost of the refill itself. Too bad. I'm not letting myself do it. I'll wait, I guess. Might as well add this to my list.

edit: Hopefully, one of us might eventually locate it in the US and spreads the word. Trumpers is evidently in very short supply, and or trying a novel marketing tool. "surprise!" :shock:

Revised Edit: (posted 2 hours after the above 1st edit) Charles at QED has reportedly notified someone (today is 8-12-10) that he will have the Trumpers Eucris in stock next week. Apparently he has stated that anyone interested in pricing or availability should call him before attempting to order it, until such time as he's received the product and posted it on his website.
If anyone has any more information, please share it!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Umm....well...okay. Certainly very classy looking presentation. Unfortunately I don't care much for Eucris cologne so this is probably not for me. I'm kind of miffed actually because for years I've been telling anyone who would listen what a great shave soap scent Trumpers Spanish Leather would make, and they finally DO come out with a cologne scented soap but it's not the one I wanted. Oh well, I guess.
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

Gordon, probably wouldn't hurt to send an email, do you think? I've never tried either, but I respect your opinion. I'm thinking just about any new product from the 3 T's + H + CF is going to pretty well fly off the shelves. Seriously, maybe Coates will grab a few sales from some of the big dogs. I know it will in my case, for an absolute certainty. Spanish Leather sounds intriguing.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444