Trumper - "production difficulties"?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Trumper - "production difficulties"?

Post by Bargepole »

Indulged in a cake of Eucris shaving soap yesterday and very nice it is too; perhaps not up to the standard of the rose or violet ones, but pretty damn fine and though I don't like the Eucris cologne, the fragrance seems to work well in the soap.

However... the dealer told me there seemed to be some problems getting hold of the shaving creams. Sandalwood, apparently, is unavailable at the moment. "Something to do with production difficulties," she said, "but they won't be specific. They're obviously having some problems."

Let's hope they just ran out and are waiting for the Egregious Creightons to whip up a new batch.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Trumpers call to Gordon - "Uh.....Gordon...can we speak with you..." :lol:

Truly hope it is not as ominous as it first appers - cheers!
Last edited by gsgo on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good shaving,

Gary
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Let us keep our sandalwood scented fingers crossed. Do you reckon that "production difficulties" is just a stock answer given from a small list of excuses to appease the stockists?

Bill
Don't think......shave.
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Hmmm, "production difficulties" could mean anything, but hopefully nothing serious for them. I notice on the news page of The Gentleman's Shop website, Robert also mentions "manufacturing difficulties" with the Lime's Skin Food...

Gareth
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Post by english_barber »

Hello,

Trumpers Lime's skin food is in very short supply and Limes shaving cream tubes have not been available since the Spring.

I know how poor an explanation "production diffculties" may seem, but having now entered manufacturing I can assure you that it is like a juggling act trying to supply a product range with all the different variables shifting.

Trumpers are not P&G, thanfully, so we will have to be patient with them.

Regards, Robert
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

The mean average of soaps and cremes owned by forum members should be cause for alarm. :lol:
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Well it's a jolly good thing I stocked up on them when I did, at the end of february.
Regards,
Jani
Chap

Post by Chap »

On the bright side, at least they are sticking to their guns and not just selling whatever rubbish they can get hold of in the mean time, as we have seen with several products in the past when they changed manufacture.
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

english_barber wrote: . . . Trumpers Lime's skin food is in very short supply and Limes shaving cream tubes have not been available since the Spring. . .
:shock:
Ron
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

KAV wrote:The mean average of soaps and cremes owned by forum members should be cause for alarm. :lol:
My average is not mean, it's downright nasty. :lol:
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

rsp1202 wrote:
english_barber wrote: . . . Trumpers Lime's skin food is in very short supply and Limes shaving cream tubes have not been available since the Spring. . .
Double shock..... :shock: :shock:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
function

Post by function »

jww wrote:
rsp1202 wrote:
Double shock..... :shock: :shock:
Oddly I just bought a small container of the Limes just the other day, plenty in stock at the B&M.
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

Chap wrote:On the bright side, at least they are sticking to their guns and not just selling whatever rubbish they can get hold of in the mean time, as we have seen with several products in the past when they changed manufacture.
maybe they're having trouble getting a reformulated batch of rubbish out on the market? :shock:
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Michael, The Trumpers Sandalwood CREAM you say? Interesting because we just had a thread started by the fact that their hard sandalwood SOAP is currently not available on their website....the cream is though ( I think ). Anyway, it's also interesting to me that you think the Eucris works well in the soap format although you, like myself, don't care for the cologne. So, maybe I SHOULD check some out when I get the chance and not just dismiss it out of hand. Some say that the texture of the new Eucris soap is different from the other, older, scents...what do you think?
Regards,
Gordon
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

bernards66 wrote:Michael, The Trumpers Sandalwood CREAM you say? Interesting because we just had a thread started by the fact that their hard sandalwood SOAP is currently not available on their website....the cream is though ( I think ). Anyway, it's also interesting to me that you think the Eucris works well in the soap format although you, like myself, don't care for the cologne. So, maybe I SHOULD check some out when I get the chance and not just dismiss it out of hand. Some say that the texture of the new Eucris soap is different from the other, older, scents...what do you think?
Regards,
Gordon
I may not have been listening closely, but I think she said cream. And, yes, the Eucris soap is different from the others. Less fatty, but still produces a nice emollient lather. I'd rate it 7.5/10 as opposed to, say, Rose, which is 9/10.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Michael, Okay, thanks....hmmm....
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

I have decided I clearly prefer GFT Violet Soap, enough so that I parted company with my Rose and Eucris soaps in favor of purchasing a modest backup supply of Violet. I do agree with Michael that Rose and Violet GFT soap lathers have a texture and a feel that is more preferable (in my opinion) than the new formula of Eucris.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444