Parma Violet

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
wrath186

Parma Violet

Post by wrath186 »

I am getting dangerously close to finishing off my tub of Saint Charles Parma Violet shave cream. The problem I now have is that it's a scent that's no longer available. I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions for replacing it. I have Trumpers Violet and it's close, but not quite there as far as scent is concerned.

Thanks in advance.
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

The usual suspect artisan cream/soap makers are my only thought as I cannot think of any manufacturers outside Trumper that offer such a scent. I know QED had a Violeta offering, but I seem to recall it did not go commercial. That Italian chap who made Typhron (I think), for FL also had a Violet cream I think but I do not know the status of that either. GL,

I shaved with Trumper Violet today for the first time in a while, great stuff.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I made some violet cream once with KMF unscented and some violet EO (fake, there is no real violet EO) and a whole lot of L'Artisan Parfumeur Verte de Violettes. Not bad.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Wrath, I have a pot of unused SCS Parma Violet that I would be happy to send you for the cost of shipping, If you want if, let me know.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Tryphon did indeed offer a Violet cream that is, as near as I can tell, lightly scented and shaves like the other creams from that company.
Regards,
Squire
loueedacat1

Post by loueedacat1 »

You might ask SCS to make you another batch. I think they do that sometimes.
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

loueedacat1 wrote:You might ask SCS to make you another batch. I think they do that sometimes.
I had a similar situation with another SCS cream a couple years ago. I contacted Sue and she gladly made another batch for me.

Send Wendy an email and I am sure that she would want to continue her Mom's tradition of pleasing their long time customers by making you a batch of your favorite cream.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum