Coates Shaving Cream Availability

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Coates Shaving Cream Availability

Post by mantic »

Gents--

I happened to be in Austin today, so I popped by Charles Roberts' place to look at all the toys 8)

I also inquired about Coates, as the usual sources seemed to be out of stock. I was told that Coates might not reach these shores again until Fall, due to some sort of packaging issue. So if you happen across some (as I did), best stock up on your favorites....

--Mark
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Mark, Thanks for the heads up, I'll certainly keep it in mind when I visit NYC in a couple of weeks. Did you get any pots of Coate's at Enchante, and if so, how is the consistancy? I haven't personally seen a fresh pot of Coate's shave cream since the end of the 1990s. Every pot I've actually examined in NYC shops has been dehydrated to a greater or lesser degree, and the one pot I ordered last year from Enchante was also ( although certainly not as badly as some I've seen ). I've been reluctant to order Coate's in the pot from anyone since then. I like a couple of their creams, but I go through the tubes in no time, and anyway, the tube cream is a lighter weight product, compared to the pots. Thanks. Regards, Gordon
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Gordon-- As a matter of fact, I did buy both a tube and a tub of the Tea Tree. The tub looked fine to me; it had the same consistancy as tubs of other brands I have.

--Mark
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Mark, Thanks, that's good news. Coate's, when it's fresh, has a consistancy that's very similiar to Trumpers, but as I mentioned, it's been quite a while since I've seen any that looked like that. Regards, Gordon