Williams Menthol shaving cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Williams Menthol shaving cream

Post by Squire »

I've read Holland, Belgium and France as points of manufacture, don't really know. It's a shame though we don't have more widespread access to bargain price good quality shaving products.
Regards,
Squire
malocchio

Re: hooland

Post by malocchio »

crackstar wrote:
malocchio wrote:yes,some of these tubes are hard to figure out..I did see the NL on the tube (netherlands) in addition to france and belgium..I wonder if it's produced in the "golden hand" factory ?
Not at all. The company which was producing these Williams creams is Sara Lee, believe it or not! :lol:
,Old Sarah has bought Godrej as well...
Attachments
port545.jpg
port545.jpg (76.08 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
brothers

Post by brothers »

That's an interesting twist.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

So long as they don't mess around with the Godrej formula I'm glad to see they keep it on the market.
Regards,
Squire
lanolite

Post by lanolite »

malocchio wrote:Last few years the Williams in the tube was very hard to find.The past year Sara Lee has really cranked up distribution,and many online EU vendors have both varieties in stock.
Thanks for the info, Malocchio! Can you (or anyone) recommend a Euro vendor who has this? The only European company I've ordered from is Gifts & Care, and they don't have Williams.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I didn't find a euro vendor, but it's on Amazon for $1.13. Are you conus?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Janus

Post by Janus »

lanolite wrote:
malocchio wrote:Last few years the Williams in the tube was very hard to find.The past year Sara Lee has really cranked up distribution,and many online EU vendors have both varieties in stock.
Thanks for the info, Malocchio! Can you (or anyone) recommend a Euro vendor who has this? The only European company I've ordered from is Gifts & Care, and they don't have Williams.
Here's one:
http://www.fauteuil-barbier.com/oscomme ... 97362042d7
Janus
lanolite

Post by lanolite »

brothers wrote:I didn't find a euro vendor, but it's on Amazon for $1.13. Are you conus?
Yes, I am. Funny, I can't find it on Amazon, although there are a lot of old Williams ads. Hmm.
lanolite

Post by lanolite »

Janus wrote:
lanolite wrote:
Here's one:
http://www.fauteuil-barbier.com/oscomme ... 97362042d7

Thanks!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Gary

malocchio

Post by malocchio »

brothers wrote:Here's the link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Godrej-Shaving-Cr ... B001MA2Q4U
Saw the Godrej,but no Williams on this link...Did see Ingrams for 90 cents a tube,but 6 tubes was $25 to ship.....
brothers

Post by brothers »

Shucks, I messed up. I thought I had something. :D
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

You can get a free pamphlet containing a sure fire way to double your money in the stock market if you just pay shipping and handling.
Regards,
Squire