Williams Menthol shaving cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
crackstar

Williams Menthol shaving cream

Post by crackstar »

From France or Holland? I'm not sure, but is this stuff ever nice!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--a drop on both cheeks, and BINGO!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--rich, creamy, and VERY stable.

General skincare: 9/10--Very, very cooling with moisturizing power. Comfortable.

Scent: 9/10--I love it. Hard to describe, however. :oops:

Price: 7/10--I paid a little much, but it's quite worth it.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Yes, if I could find it again, absolutely.

This stuff is sold in France and Holland, although it shows it may be made in Belgium. In any case, this is an excellent cream for a menthol lover like me, and if you're looking for a lovely-scented cream with rich, thick and stable lather, and you want your skin to feel a good chill and to feel moisturized and comfortable during and after a shave, try to get this stuff - you'll be happy you did! :)
JEFF
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jeff, the most frustrating thing about your positive reviews of these exotic shaving products is that they are impossible to find. Why torture us?!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can read about it, but it's apparently long long gone ---- :(
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

I picked up a tube while traveling (sorry Gary) and have been using it all week (actually, for eight days straight). It's excellent stuff. One of the ingredients is sodium silicate, a salt of silicone. I wonder how much of the thick smoothness of the lather comes from this ingredient, which I don't recall seeing in other creams.
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
Short Round

Post by Short Round »

Damn, I was hoping this was being brought to us by the William's Mug Soap folks. I see williams (Mug Shaving Soap) all over and hoped to see a nice tube cream commonly available on local shelves.

Coincidentally I've had a cake of Williams for a long time and just started shaving with it. This cheap stuff is slick as can be. Only downsides are there is no scent and it leaves my face a touch dry. It wouldn't be a daily shaver or I think my face would dry out.
Tom
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Short Round wrote:Damn, I was hoping this was being brought to us by the William's Mug Soap folks. I see williams (Mug Shaving Soap) all over and hoped to see a nice tube cream commonly available on local shelves.

Coincidentally I've had a cake of Williams for a long time and just started shaving with it. This cheap stuff is slick as can be. Only downsides are there is no scent and it leaves my face a touch dry. It wouldn't be a daily shaver or I think my face would dry out.
Tom, don't be confused with the Williams creams and the soaps, because although they both have the name Williams, they are both 2 completely items, which are made by 2 completely different companies.
JEFF
Short Round

Post by Short Round »

Well thanks my neighbor on the Saint Lawrence.

I guessed that when I saw your mention of France, Belgium, or Holland origins. Looks like a nice cream.
Tom
malocchio

williams

Post by malocchio »

I have the sensitive formula...this is also a really good cream..my guess is france as the country of manufacture,although the label simply states made in european union....amigo creams label their products the same way..

crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Short Round wrote:Well thanks my neighbor on the Saint Lawrence.

I guessed that when I saw your mention of France, Belgium, or Holland origins. Looks like a nice cream.
It really is a lovely cream. There is so much about it to enjoy. :)
JEFF
crackstar

Re: williams

Post by crackstar »

malocchio wrote:I have the sensitive formula...this is also a really good cream..my guess is france as the country of manufacture,although the label simply states made in european union....amigo creams label their products the same way..

Ron, the cream is actually made in Holland. A friend of mine who lives there confirmed that for me. :)
JEFF
malocchio

holland

Post by malocchio »

yes,some of these tubes are hard to figure out..I did see the NL on the tube (netherlands) in addition to france and belgium..I wonder if it's produced in the "golden hand" factory ?
Last edited by malocchio on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
crackstar

Re: hooland

Post by crackstar »

malocchio wrote:yes,some of these tubes are hard to figure out..I did see the NL on the tube (netherlands) in addition to france and belgium..I wonder if it's produced in the "golden hand" factory ?
Not at all. The company which was producing these Williams creams is Sara Lee, believe it or not! :lol:
JEFF
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

crackstar wrote:
malocchio wrote:yes,some of these tubes are hard to figure out..I did see the NL on the tube (netherlands) in addition to france and belgium..I wonder if it's produced in the "golden hand" factory ?
Not at all. The company which was producing these Williams creams is Sara Lee, believe it or not! :lol:
.................no wonder these creams have that nice cheesecake scent !! :lol:
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

malocchio wrote:
crackstar wrote:
.................no wonder these creams have that nice cheesecake scent !! :lol:
Cheesecake? I thought it was more mint chocolate! :lol:
JEFF
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

My tube of William's mentholated mint-chocolate-cheesecake shave cream was made in France (purchased ~4-5 years ago).
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
brothers

Post by brothers »

It sounds delicious!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

brothers wrote:It sounds delicious!
It is! :lol:
JEFF
markcstubbs

Re: Williams Menthol shaving cream

Post by markcstubbs »

Gents,

You can still get this cream for €2.70 per tube from denis.coirault@wanadoo.fr

He will ship anywhere. Trust me - this is the best shave cream in the world bar none !!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Best in the World is rather extravagant praise mark. I presume you're talking about the discontinued stuff that was made in Holland?
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi Mark. Thanks for giving us the news that this product is available. I think if someone want to experience a menthol shaving cream that's as good as this one, this is their chance! Welcome to SMF!
Gary

malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Last few years the Williams in the tube was very hard to find.The past year Sara Lee has really cranked up distribution,and many online EU vendors have both varieties in stock.About 5-6 years ago these creams were made in Belgium,and at one time ,possibly France.Holland ? Not sure about that,can anyone verify what factory is producing these for Sara Lee ?? If you have never tried these creams,they are excellent,with thick rich lather,and in EU a real bargain,online I have seen them less than 2 bucks ! ,of course the shipping is what hurts !.