Irisch Moos

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
LookingGlass

Irisch Moos

Post by LookingGlass »

Since it has been a while since I used it, I did a face lather with the Irisch Moos this morning and was reminded what a nice stick this is. For me, nice scent, great, slick lather.

Appreciate any thoughts you may have on this wonderful soap.

Thanks,

Ed
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

I agree with you. Irish Moos is one of my favorite sticks. (have many). Great, long lasting lather. Like it much better than Tabac. Ez to lather as well.
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

I shaved with it yesterday with a Simpson Commodore X1 brush...what a great shave I had!
Last edited by Teiste on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldSaw

Post by OldSaw »

Works great. It also comes in handy for a very quick shave when in a hurry.
Relax...Take it easy...Enjoy the lather

Dennis
brothers

Post by brothers »

Irisch Moos is a first class product. Lasts a long time and carries a very fair price.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
roboboticus

Post by roboboticus »

I've been meaning to try it for a while. You guys are a bad influence. :roll:
Ivan
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Excellent when grated and formed into a puck. After the shave, an aplication of Knize Forest EdT. completes a beautiful synergy.

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

If it wasn't so hot and humid here in Montreal, I'd use it on a more regular basis. The Irisch Moos stick is marvellous.
JEFF
brothers

Post by brothers »

Now that it's been discontinued, it seems the best place to find it for sale is on German ebay.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

brothers wrote:Now that it's been discontinued, it seems the best place to find it for sale is on German ebay.
Or the odd overstock left at your favourite on-line shaving store -- although they now seem to be all sold out as well.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

There are still some listings on German eBay. The trick is to find a seller that ships outside of Germany, or Europe.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Rufust445 wrote:There are still some listings on German eBay. The trick is to find a seller that ships outside of Germany, or Europe.
You're right. That can be a challenge, but I've had pretty good success asking them if they'd mind shipping to USA, and they almost always agree to do it.
Gary

woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

desertbadger wrote:Excellent when grated and formed into a puck. After the shave, an aplication of Knize Forest EdT. completes a beautiful synergy.

Regards,
David
David...I also pair Knize Forest with the Moos...a nice combination.
Lynn
fisherprice

Post by fisherprice »

Hi there. Just wanted to point out that I found a few sticks of Irisch Moos at Pasteur Pharmacy on Lexington last week. Steven pointed them out to me-- they're on the end of the aisle, not near the other shaving stuff. He also said he has stock at his other location.

I only bought 3 :).
slackskin

Irisch Moos shaving cream ?

Post by slackskin »

As an alternative to the discontinued stick, has anyone tried the Irisch Moos Lathering Shave Cream? I see it is available on eBay and Amazon both.
hicabi

Re: Irisch Moos shaving cream ?

Post by hicabi »

slackskin wrote:As an alternative to the discontinued stick, has anyone tried the Irisch Moos Lathering Shave Cream? I see it is available on eBay and Amazon both.
Damn. I just e-mail QED asking why the stick was no longer available... Tabac stick is gone too. If they kill Valobra and Arko as well, I'll have no options...

I find Irisch Moos better than all highly praised English soaps...
Here are my shaving soap & stick reviews: http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30080
haiti222

Re: Irisch Moos

Post by haiti222 »

Just a note about Irisch Moos cream and other Irisch Moos items. Both a friend of mine in Germany and another member of another website were looking for these items on the ground in Germany. Both had store clerks telling them that Irisch Moos will generally not be restocked, and the barren condition of the shelf confirmed this. It appears maybe the after shave will continue.

Smallflower.com has the cream at a reasonable price (free shipping @ $85) and other vendors have some as well. Looks like this is the end.........
brothers

Post by brothers »

I am currently at the beginning of using up a tube of IM soap. I loaded it for 30 seconds and used distilled water. I had almost forgotten how much I like the soap. I should have stocked up better when it was in its heyday.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm about 22 shaves in, using this soap almost every day until it's all gone. Distilled water is the key to using soaps in my case. Even though I can get a good lather with tap water, I have suffered for using too much soap in the past. The IM soap is loading nicely in 15 to 20 seconds, and making tons of lather with the distilled water. It'll be several more weeks before the bowl's finally empty.
Gary

woodsrider

Re:

Post by woodsrider »

...oops...redundant post. Carry on...
Lynn