Domenico Caraceni 1913 update

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Domenico Caraceni 1913 update

Post by brothers »

Today I received an email response from Franco at LuckyScent regarding DC. He says he has been told it is not discontinued or reformulated. He expects new stock sometime around September.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Gary, I suspect this refers to some shaving cream. Is it worth pursuing?
Regards,
Jani
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jani, it smells heavenly, and is a top shelf performing shaving cream from Italy. The fragrance is identical to their cologne of the same name. The downside is the price of course, but you do get a big 8 ounce tub filled all the way up to the top. It lasts a long time. I've been wishing I could figure out a way to get myself a bottle of the fragrance to go along with the cream one of these days, without breaking the entire bank!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Hodari D.

Post by Hodari D. »

this is good news. i've always wanted to try this stuff. of course, we've heard this song before. product dissapears for some time and then reappears. the manufacturer swears up and down that it's the same old good stuff. and, well, you know the rest...
Best,
Scott
IsaacRN

Post by IsaacRN »

I love the cream, and have always wanted to try the cologne.
SRD

Post by SRD »

I have the EDT. It is a very powerful rose scent than tends toward being more "girly" than I prefer. I also have Czech & Speake 88 and Floris 89. Of the three I much prefer Floris 89 with the Domenico Caraceni being a very, very distant third.
Dave
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hodari D. wrote:this is good news. i've always wanted to try this stuff. of course, we've heard this song before. product dissapears for some time and then reappears. the manufacturer swears up and down that it's the same old good stuff. and, well, you know the rest...
Fortunately, not so much from the Italians?
Gary

Teiste

Post by Teiste »

I find the DC ingredients pretty similar to the CF old formulation with parabens...I wonder if theyre made by the same manufacturer.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Just went through my stash of creams and saw that I already have a tub of the bloody thing. I remember liking it a lot now.
Regards,
Jani
cjc15153

Post by cjc15153 »

Aztecface wrote:Just went through my stash of creams and saw that I already have a tub of the bloody thing. I remember liking it a lot now.
If you can't remember owning a $60 tub of shaving cream, you have either a serious problem or few problems indeed.
--
I am Chris #6. No relation to Nikki.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

cjc15153 wrote:
Aztecface wrote:Just went through my stash of creams and saw that I already have a tub of the bloody thing. I remember liking it a lot now.
If you can't remember owning a $60 tub of shaving cream, you have either a serious problem or few problems indeed.
I never said I was without problems.
Regards,
Jani
cjc15153

Post by cjc15153 »

Aztecface wrote:
cjc15153 wrote:
I never said I was without problems.
This is a safe, supportive, enabling place.
--
I am Chris #6. No relation to Nikki.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Now I'm fascinated to know what else you've forgotten about, still laying dormant in the dark corners of your shaving catacombs. :lol:
Gary

Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Gary, I should take some photos...
Regards,
Jani
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gary, The last two cakes on earth of the almost mystical Penhaligon's black shave soap for openers. Yeah, he's got 'em...I know it for a fact...and I, the fool I am, clued him in to it's existance....sigh...
Regards,
Gordon
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

I purposely have avoided this place for the past 6-7 weeks to ,you know, minimize angst ,and well, Summer, lawn mowers, dogs barking around me....I've just been hiding in my man cave. I peek-in Friday, and the first thread I'm drawn to is Jani's; "The mess with Trumper's sandalwood." So, I immediatly have to track down several cakes of that...just *sigh.*

Now, I'm browsing a little tonight ,and am finding the last handful of post's at this thread, just knee-slappingly funny...yes sir!

Taylor of London....Taylor of Old Bond....what?

Summer's not over (pictures?) nah.. see ya after awhile...

Best,
Fitch
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jared, I'm trying to figure out the connection with Domenico Caraceni. :lol: Now I know you've got the granddaddy of all stashes, so do you have any Caraceni stuck back in there too?
Gary

F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Gary, I don't. I never pursued nor tried the stuff. Although, it seems to be rated highly by a lot of men whom I respect here.

I lost a perfectly good credit rating ,and a mailbox, since joining-up....so I had to let some get away.

Best,
Fitch
AABCDS

Post by AABCDS »

I just went to the Lucky Scent website and Domenico Caraceni cream is still out of stock. Does anyone know a retailer that currently has it in stock? I would love to give this cream a try.
- James
WTT: My Semogue 2011 LE Badger 1 #70 for #62
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm not aware of any others. The vendor was hoping it would be back in stock by September.
Gary