Trueffit and Hill shaving soap new formulation.

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Teiste

Trueffit and Hill shaving soap new formulation.

Post by Teiste »

It seems that the Paraffinum Liquidum have been removed from the new T&H shaving soaps.

A pic of the "old" formulation with paraffin :

And heres the new formulation without paraffin bought in the T&H London store a couple months ago:

This new soap have been reported for not having stable,durable lather but its still having a good lubrication,even with the absence of paraffin on it.

Too sad that this soap have been reformulated again and it seems that something else have been touched for not having an stable lather anymore like the old one used to have.
Last edited by Teiste on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikey

Post by mikey »

Here we go again...sigh...

Thanks,
Mike
reggiano

Post by reggiano »

Oh man. The only good news here is that my puck of Luxury soap, which I bought in 2006, seems to never shrink, despite often heavy use. Too bad it will be my last.
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

No worries, the Cyril Salter version is near identical and actually performs a tad better. It's cheaper to boot so stock up.

Chris
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

No linalool, no geraniol, no coumarin, no limonene either, judging from that label. Given they're the four cornerstones of the classic "barbershop" smell (English version) I wonder what it smells like now.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

http://www.highlandmenscare.com/truefit ... cream.html

would this be an older formulation as it has parabens

ST
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

Just great. Another one butes the dust.....
Cheers,

Craig
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

EL Alamein wrote:No worries, the Cyril Salter version is near identical and actually performs a tad better. It's cheaper to boot so stock up.

Chris
Actually no,they have different formulations,and yes,I really like the Cyril Salter version more....much more!

This is the Cyril R Salter formulation:

Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Palm Kernel Acid, Parfum, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Linalool, Isopropyl Myristate, Aqua, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Coumarin, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Geraniol, BHT, Limonene, Citronellol, CI 77891

Thats a better formulation,IMHO.
Last edited by Teiste on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

SmallTank wrote:http://www.highlandmenscare.com/truefit ... cream.html

would this be an older formulation as it has parabens

ST
Man,thats a shaving cream and this is a shaving triple milled soap....I know that apples and oranges could look similar,but they aren't , trust me....
OldSaw

Post by OldSaw »

So who has a list of all the shave soaps that still use old formulations, especially tallow?
Relax...Take it easy...Enjoy the lather

Dennis
Aaron622

Post by Aaron622 »

How old is the "old" version. I had some T&H soap about two years ago and it came in the brown box like the "new" version. I don't know what the ingredients were though. All the pictures online show this brown box, so are you sure this is a recent change?
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

Aaron622 wrote:How old is the "old" version. I had some T&H soap about two years ago and it came in the brown box like the "new" version. I don't know what the ingredients were though. All the pictures online show this brown box, so are you sure this is a recent change?
Yes,that soap was purchased in june in the T&H London store and sold to the guy as the new T&H soap.
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

OldSaw wrote:So who has a list of all the shave soaps that still use old formulations, especially tallow?
There used to be a list here and another in TSD,but it seems that it has been changed.
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Teiste wrote:
EL Alamein wrote:No worries, the Cyril Salter version is near identical and actually performs a tad better. It's cheaper to boot so stock up.

Chris
Actually no,they have different formulations,and yes,I really like the Cyril Salter version more....much more!

This is the Cyril R Salter formulation:

Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Palm Kernel Acid, Parfum, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Linalool, Isopropyl Myristate, Aqua, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Coumarin, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Geraniol, BHT, Limonene, Citronellol, CI 77891

Thats a better formulation,IMHO.
I think you just unwittingly agreed with me. ;-)
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Swell. Some of you may remember that a couple of years ago I was sent a cake or two of some scented T&H hard shave soaps that they were considering bringing out. Well, so far, they haven't done that, but I wonder if this new stuff is the same formula as those demos I tried. If it is, we may as well cross T&H soap off the list because that stuff was terrible. It just would not lather properly and reminded me, more than anything else, of that useless Floris No 89 soaps when they first reappeared. Mind you, I don't know that this new Luxury Soap version IS the same as those demos, but the description of the problems some have noted with it remind me of how they were. And like Michael I also noted the disappearance of the classic scent ingrediants in the list of the new one. NOT encouraging.
Regards,
Gordon
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

The Cyril R. Salter is a great soap.Now we would have to wait if its formulation is changed too...
Last edited by Teiste on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

bernards66 wrote:Swell. Some of you may remember that a couple of years ago I was sent a cake or two of some scented T&H hard shave soaps that they were considering bringing out. Well, so far, they haven't done that, but I wonder if this new stuff is the same formula as those demos I tried. If it is, we may as well cross T&H soap off the list because that stuff was terrible. It just would not lather properly and reminded me, more than anything else, of that useless Floris No 89 soaps when they first reappeared. Mind you, I don't know that this new Luxury Soap version IS the same as those demos, but the description of the problems some have noted with it remind me of how they were. And like Michael I also noted the disappearance of the classic scent ingrediants in the list of the new one. NOT encouraging.
Regards,
Gordon
Too sad that theyre heading to this way of re formulating something that wont properly work.
Last edited by Teiste on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

OldSaw wrote:So who has a list of all the shave soaps that still use old formulations, especially tallow?
You can find a list here:
http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14631
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

Aaron622 wrote:How old is the "old" version. I had some T&H soap about two years ago and it came in the brown box like the "new" version. I don't know what the ingredients were though. All the pictures online show this brown box, so are you sure this is a recent change?
I'm with Aaron. My little stash of the luxury soap are boxed in the brown-green colour. Are you not sure that the new soap isn't the smaller 2 oz. soaps for the for use with Truefitt & Hill bone china shaving mugs?
Eric
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

Flash G wrote:
I'm with Aaron. My little stash of the luxury soap are boxed in the brown-green colour. Are you not sure that the new soap isn't the smaller 2 oz. soaps for the for use with Truefitt & Hill bone china shaving mugs?
No,the guy got the "supposedly" brand new shaving soap (99 g) with the shaving bowl.