Ingram shaving cream, a Review

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Ingram shaving cream, a Review

Post by Squire »

Made in the UK, Ingram is labeled 'For a smoother & closer shave' and 'quality lather shave' that 'contains menthol.' Guess that sums it up but I decided to add a bit.

Description: This cream presents boxed in a 100ml metal tube. This is an every day using cream and if it can be economically made and marketed in a metal container (much easier to use than plastic) I don't understand why the expensive makers use plastic with breakable caps.

Characteristics: On the box and tube appear a little drawing of what looks like an open shaving cream tub with the number 24 featured. Does this mean use within 24 months? I suppose so. This is a soft textured bright white cream that actually leaches liquid once placed in the bowl. The photo clearly shows some clear liquid seeping out of the freshly squeezed cream. The packaging announces the product contains menthol but it is not heavily scented or is it that apparent in the lather. It's there but more like the Cheshire Cat's grin than the big honking animal himself.

Use: Shaving twice a day gets me through a 100ml tube in a few weeks so it's about used up before I get to write a review. This cream is easy to use and produces a first rate lather. I lather in a bowl (big cup actually) and this one doesn't take much water to get going. I realize my comments about the moisture content could be taken as a negative but it's not, just an observation. I don't care if the cream is thick or thin, just how well it works and this one works well. If you like menthol there is some and if you don't then what's there is not too off putting.

Conclusion: A quality cream with a value price that goes about its daily job in a through going no frills manner. Recommended.
Regards,
Squire
malocchio

nice job

Post by malocchio »

great review Squire...I enjoy my tube as well...not much on menthol,I can barely detect any,but it does have a nice ,pleasant scent and great lather..
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Brilliant cream and very inexpensive in UK (£1.50).

One of the holy trinity of affordable, available, effective creams; Ingram, Palmolive and Erasmic. In fact, these are the ONLY creams I own.

A splash of cold water to rinse off the lather at the end of the shave will soon have the menthol introducing itself!
ATLpr8head

Post by ATLpr8head »

It it a bit runny but still performs fine. I prefer Proraso personally but its a nice change. I find it has has plenty of menthol. I will not be replacing it though.
Shawn
Oscar11

Post by Oscar11 »

I agree, a good performing cream.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Let's not forget the Ingram cream which is also made in Egypt. This one is heavily mentholated, and very, very enjoyable.

JEFF
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

One of my favourites. It has a unique scent that is very pleasing, and performs pretty well.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Very good cream. Probably one of the most understated on this forum.
Regards,
Jani
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

joe mcclaine wrote:Brilliant cream and very inexpensive in UK (£1.50).

One of the holy trinity of affordable, available, effective creams; Ingram, Palmolive and Erasmic. In fact, these are the ONLY creams I own.

A splash of cold water to rinse off the lather at the end of the shave will soon have the menthol introducing itself!
With respect to the UK version of Ingram, which I have used and enjoyed on many occasions, the Egyptian version is a better cream. It maintains a good consistency, and does not become watery and runny.
JEFF
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

I've used both.

Actually used the made in England version today.

They're the same as far as I'm concerned.