C&E Sienna

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
LookingGlass

C&E Sienna

Post by LookingGlass »

I have been using this soap for a couple of weeks and am most impressed with the qualities. Wonderful scent and great lather; nice, comfortable shaves. For me, as good as it gets.

My current line up of hard soaps are (not in order):
Tabac
MWF
Harris Almond
C&E Sandalwood
C&E Sienna
TOBS Lavender

All of these are excellent soaps for me; however, the C&E soaps are moving to the top of the list.

Please share your thoughts on the C&E Sienna.

Thanks,
Ed
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I never used it Ed, the scent just wasn't what I wanted. Liked the sandalwood quite a lot though.
Regards,
Squire
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

I really like Sienna and Nomad.Nomad more for the spring/summer due to its flowery scent and Sienna more for winter.

Theyre really good soaps,much better than the current C&E sandalwood,which has a different formulation.

For me Sienna and Nomad perform like other fampus UK shaving soaps,like Floris JF and Trumpers Coconut/Rose (they all have the same soap base formulation) but theyre cheaper than those.

If you like how Sienna performs,Ill strongly recommend you Cyril R. Salter and the Edwin Jagger soaps : they all have the same soap base ingredients and performs really well.

Im expecting a puck of the Spanish Fit and Nutmeg shaving soap which supposedly perform the same than the others that I have mentioned.
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

I'm another fan of Sienna :)
Eric
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I have Sienna - and go through spurts of liking it and disliking it. I find that my face stings a bit after using it in the warmer weather, but not in the cooler weather, so it's been relegated to a winter soap for me. Lathering characteristics are outstanding -- and it produces great cushion and slickness at the same time.

Wouldn't say it's one of my top soaps, but I do like it in the winter-time.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
geneaut

Post by geneaut »

I enjoy the Sienna quite a bit. The scent is top notch in my book.
Oscar11

Post by Oscar11 »

I like all three but Sienna is my favorite. Good products IMO.
OtherMoe

Post by OtherMoe »

It's funny how these things go. Some other places have very little good to say about modern C&E. I have a bowl of Mysore Sandlewood that I found at a flea market. It's older, but I don't believe it to be vintage, and like most of you, I find the C&E to be decent product.
--------------------------
-Moe
cryhavoc

Post by cryhavoc »

I haven't tried the Sienna, but I highly recommend the Nomad.
Jay
"Hello Floyd, this is Barney Fife. Who's in the chair...well
get rid of 'em. I'm coming over and I'm ready for action!
That's right, I want the works...shave, haircut, witch hazel,
O.D. cologne, toilet water...If it smells I want it!"
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I agree Moe, it's something endemic to the human condition I expect. It's striking how often a negative post seems to attract other negative comments like a magnet.
Regards,
Squire
geneaut

Post by geneaut »

I agree, Squire. Some forums tend to elevate certain products, and it's hard to get a grip on those products at times until we try them personally.

I can't claim C&E soaps are my absolute favorites, but for the price they are very pleasing products, and even when not evaluated on price they leave many competing products behind.

I don't think my rotation will ever be minus at least one of these soaps. They simply make me happy when I use them, and at the end of the day that's worth something in my book.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Worth a lot in mine g.
Regards,
Squire
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I love the new C&E soaps and creams. They did something to the formulation that made them perform better in my opinion. But like some say, YMMV.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."