More manly - is it Tabac or Cella?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
IanM

Post by IanM » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:55 am

Tabac smells like it should come with a chest wig and a medallion.

Cella smells like cakes.

Ian
Those who design "Fool Proof" systems often underestimate the ability of fools.

werdna

Post by werdna » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:23 am

Squire wrote:My mistake Mark, I should have said what scent one chooses to wear while separating a formerly living creature into smaller portions.
For me that would be a nice bouquet of sulfur, charcoal, and potassium nitrate and maybe a slight hint of lead, antimony and barium.

:wink:

-Andrew

JarmoP

Post by JarmoP » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Why are you talking about what soap is more manly? At 53 i could care less if the soap scents manly or female. After all it gets washed away ones after shaving with normal warm water and then before AS with cold water and then the towel? And then only after comes AS, like my manly Musgo real.

In fact I'd like maybe to have some warm roses smelling soap if it performed as well as Tabac.
Jarmo

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Much as I like both Tabac and Cella, I usually finish a shave with Eucris hair dressing applied to my face as a moisturiser (it smells of violets) and then I apply some No74 Original on top which smells of lilac. I do hope you are not questioning my manliness! :D

Chris
As hairy a chest as is possible outside the great apes.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace

Short Round

Post by Short Round » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Well I haven't tried them all but I like the woodsy smell of Speick. I just ordered some Tabac to try.

Oh, as far as manly scents that intrigued me; I just saw on Queen Charlotte Soaps a a Cream Soap called Briar; that's a Cherry Tobacco Scent. Snipped from their site;

A beautiful blend of cherry and tobacco, Briar is a unique scent that is sure to please. It smells just like the pipe your grandfather used to smoke.

I don't smoke but that brings back memories of my step father smoking a pipe. I never want to smoke but I did enjoy the scent.
Tom

Silb3r

Post by Silb3r » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:40 am

Well I have not yet had the pleasure of trying Cella so I can't say with certainty. But it's definitely Tabac :lol:

Quarterstick

Post by Quarterstick » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Every time this thread comes up, Steve Martin's Tuna Fish Sandwich bit pops into my head. :D
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.

Sargon

Post by Sargon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Cella is a great soap, with an amazing scent, but it isn't innately masculine. it does remind me of my grandfather, but only because it smells like marichino cherries, and I used to convince him order extra so that I could "steal" them from his drink when I was little.