New York Shaving Company Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

New York Shaving Company Cream

Post by brothers »

In my search for lemon shaving creams I've picked up on the fact that one variety is offered by New York Shaving. Maybe my search skills on the shaving forums is limited, but I don't find any mention of the performance or fragrances of the New York Shaving products. Can anyone help me out? I don't even know whether its brushless. I did see one guy who has posted about it on Mantic's blog, but I got no useable or credible information from that.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Gary, this should give you what you want regarding products: http://nyshavingcompany.com/shop/index. ... ducts.html

It's their information, so it's short on performance information IMO.

If you go to the lemon cream it states it can be used with or w/o a brush.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Post by brothers »

I bought the Lemon. Should show up in the mailbox in a few days. I'll try to get back around and post about it, after I've had a chance to work with it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

I'll be interested in your review. It looks like they al can be used brushless if wanted. I like creams like that. Enjoy.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
brothers

Post by brothers »

The New York Shaving Lemon gave me an excellent shave today. It lathered up with a brush nice and thick and rich. I used the Progress on 3 with a new Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blade, and there was a lot of cushion and glide, protection and slickness. I like the fragrance a lot. I was thinking about getting a pot of AOS Lemon, but wound up getting the New York first. I've got a few different lemon products now, and in due time I'll be enjoying the opportunity to use and enjoy them all. I'm quite pleased with the New York. They have other fragrances, so if anyone is interested in Lemon, or fragrances other than Lemon, I'd urge them to give NY a try.
Gary

slantman

Post by slantman »

Nice website. More and more are being made in New York. This is made in Brooklyn. Now we have Taconic shave cream and Kiss My Face both made in Upstate NY.