They said it could never be done.

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

They said it could never be done.

Post by rustyblade »

Richard
Tye
Watch this space!

Re: They said it could never be done.

Post by Tye »

rustyblade wrote:Image

Wow....you have defeated what could not be defeated. Congratulations,Richard.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
brothers

Post by brothers »

Very impressive, sir.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

A determined man will find a way.
Regards,
Squire
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Good on you, I gave up trying to finish my pounder and sold/traded it sometime ago.
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Well, Richard, it is an impressive accomplishment and no error; kind of like eating up an entire ham, down to the bone, all by oneself. Kudos for your perserverance!
Regards,
Gordon
greyhawk

Post by greyhawk »

The label says "Since 1956"...is that when you started using this tub, by any chance?
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

:shock:........ 8) ......... =D>
Regards,
David
paddy

Post by paddy »

will you be buying a replacement?!
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Wow, there isn't even enough cream in there for a mosquito to shave! :lol: :lol: Well done!
JEFF
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

paddy wrote:will you be buying a replacement?!
Already on to the next tub and new bottle of Booster Polar Ice A/S to celebrate. I've had the old tub for over three years (four?) and it was sitting around 1/3 before I added water to loosen it up and then in a determined effort for the last three months used it up. The first tub of Fraser's I had was never used up, that one beat me and I think I donated it.

I was going through another one of those phases where every shave soap I had seemed to be giving me some irritation/discomfort if used regularly. I pulled the JM Fraser's tub from the back of the drawer one day and just kept going with it. My skin feels great afterwards and less prone to nicks on my neck, which is something I've always been fighting with.
Richard
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

paddy wrote:will you be buying a replacement?!
Just open one of the back ups...
Good shaving,

Gary
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Have you been using the same brush every day Richard?.....just want to know if club fidelity needs to make room for a new member :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

fallingwickets wrote:Have you been using the same brush every day Richard?.....just want to know if club fidelity needs to make room for a new member :lol:

clive
Been using a BK4 for 6 months or so.
Richard
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

bernards66 wrote:Well, Richard, it is an impressive accomplishment and no error; kind of like eating up an entire ham, down to the bone, all by oneself. Kudos for your perserverance!
Regards,
Gordon
I like that analogy! \:D/
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
brothers

Post by brothers »

I once knew someone who did that. (eating a whole ham) At the time, no one perceived it as a desirable accomplishment! :lol:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I once heard a Cajun Chef describe eternity as being stranded on a desert island with one knife and a whole ham.
Regards,
Squire
Quarterstick

Post by Quarterstick »

I have never seen one of these beasts before. Good night, 450ml! Gives new meaning to a "tub" of shaving cream.

Good show on finishing it off!
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Pretty impressive that $12 worth of shaving cream could be that good and that large.
Gary

BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

brothers wrote:Pretty impressive that $12 worth of shaving cream could be that good and that large.
No argument on it being large. 8)
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil