compounding- and confounding

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, those who can do and those that can't teach, as my late Father was wont to say. Of course half his siblings were college professors and I think that was partly his ribbing them.

As I glide into retirement I believe I will accept a part time teaching position which I think will be an interesting next chapter in my life.
Regards,
Squire
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I'm imagining a Shelby Foote persona if you do. The San Diego Freeway was jammed right at the start of 5P.M. friday traffic today. A-LAWYER- got out of his car in the #2 lane in a rage vs another driver- and locked himself out :roll:
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I knew Mr. Shelby, a very engaging fellow.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

KAV wrote:I'm imagining a Shelby Foote persona if you do. The San Diego Freeway was jammed right at the start of 5P.M. friday traffic today. A-LAWYER- got out of his car in the #2 lane in a rage vs another driver- and locked himself out :roll:
I love the image that presents! One day a guy stepped off the curb right into my path of travel and caused me to hit the brakes hard (thank goodness I was watching him!) In his self-righteous process of giving me the "hate stare". and stomping angrily forward while looking back at me, he walked right into the path of another car coming from the other direction, and when they slammed onto their brakes and honked, he nearly jumped out of his shoes, then he looked back at me, still stopped, only to see me screaming with laughter. That was funny, but his stupidity nearly got him killed or badly hurt, not once, but twice! I hope the moron California lawyer who locked himself out had to pay a couple of hundred dollars for his childish tantrum.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

ockhams's razor wrote:
jww wrote:Remember --- no sheep are harmed in the creation of MWF -- palm oil? Well someone has to tap the sap -- I can't imagine that having a great stick poked into you while you bleed your lifeblood can be that comfortable a thing to experience.
palm oils are derived from the fruit of the palm not the sap.
I stand corrected -- I can't imagine the pain the fruit goes through when the oil is extracted ....... :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

"Vegans are insensitive to the scream of a carrot being ripped from the earth."- ME redwood summer as some old AIM acivists showed up with
fresh buffalo meat to the horror of this Sonoma lesbian witch's coven