JM Fraser's vis a vis Domenico Caraceni 1913

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

JM Fraser's vis a vis Domenico Caraceni 1913

Post by brothers »

A person we all respect, a vendor and entrepreneur, made a remark recently that he likes using Fraser's Shaving Cream as well as the discontinued and formerly too darn expensive DC 1913. I would like to take this opportunity to say this about that. DC is/was an excellent shaving cream with an equally excellent fragrance, based on the expensive DC 1913 edc. Same goes for Fraser's. They both provide great shaving.

I have a goodly stockpile of JM Fraser's Original, Jake's Sport, and Polar Ice, and it is my opinion that while Fraser's is not DC, it is a close second. When properly lathered, JMF performs wonderfully and it too draws its fragrance from an after shave, Booster's Iced Lime. The same is true for the other two, Jake's has a matching edc, and Polar Ice has Booster's AS of the same name. Seems like a blue collar/white collar matchup. For the price of a big 8 ounce tub of DC 1913 I got eight ( 8 ) times the volume in the Fraser's creams. 8 ounces v. 64 ounces.

What a nice dilemma. I also have observed that DC shaving cream shares much of the same ingredients of Art of Shaving cream. All is not lost, with the disappearance of DC 1913.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444